What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Do you think we would be near the cap for 2016? I do. But OA seems to think we are not

Me thinking that we're not near the cap is just the same as you thinking we are. With the money that we have coming off-contract, plus with the little that we've signed (Foran and Scott are great signings but I don't think they're on the money that people think they are) I don't think we're as close to the cap as some people think. We've got at least 1 outside back and a couple of cheap players still to come in imo.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Me thinking that we're not near the cap is just the same as you thinking we are. With the money that we have coming off-contract, plus with the little that we've signed (Foran and Scott are great signings but I don't think they're on the money that people think they are) I don't think we're as close to the cap as some people think. We've got at least 1 outside back and a couple of cheap players still to come in imo.

I tend to agree with you on that one OA bare in mind we've still got a shit load off contract too

Chipmunk

Coach

The reports are that Beau Scott has signed for $1.5million over 3 years. This figure for mine would see about spot on. He is a current State of Origin player after all.

The reports are that Beau Scott has signed for $1.5million over 3 years. This figure for mine would see about spot on. He is a current State of Origin player after all.

But he also has a vested interest in being based near Westmead. His deal was not negotiated in the face of the normal level of competition.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I tend to agree with you on that one OA bare in mind we've still got a shit load off contract too

Those cheap players could be from internal promotion too. Pauli, Peni, and Fuss would be ones that we could probably keep depending how much they cost. And then also the promotions of Davis, Aloiai, and possibly Markus. That'd be at least 29 players in our first grade squad and I've got no doubts that we'll hang onto Daniel Alvaro, and Tui Kamicamica which will boost it up to 31 and there might be some outside backs like Goodall and maybe Aukafolau. There could also be a promotion for Twal, French and Fuimaono.

We definitely have the players that can step up and be back-ups for next year. I don't think our external recruitment is done either.

Chipmunk

Coach
But he also has a vested interest in being based near Westmead. His deal was not negotiated in the face of the normal level of competition.

Exactly, given he is a current State of Origin player, I dare say he's probably worth more than that, so I still think that the money being mentioned is probably close to the mark.

Westmead hospital might be in Parramatta, but its still only 30-40 minutes drive from 8 other NRL teams...

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Those cheap players could be from internal promotion too. Pauli, Peni, and Fuss would be ones that we could probably keep depending how much they cost. And then also the promotions of Davis, Aloiai, and possibly Markus. That'd be at least 29 players in our first grade squad and I've got no doubts that we'll hang onto Daniel Alvaro, and Tui Kamicamica which will boost it up to 31 and there might be some outside backs like Goodall and maybe Aukafolau. There could also be a promotion for Twal, French and Fuimaono.

We definitely have the players that can step up and be back-ups for next year. I don't think our external recruitment is done either.

I hope our external recruitment isn't done yet. We still need some more players next year.

Watmough would be on an average of about 500k .Value this year? Well so far no.He has been useless. Dont remember one good tackle busting run as of yet.His body is had it and i hope he is leading the team around well cause he offers not much else at the moment.
Sports science ;)

If you watched any Moanly game over the past couple of years you'd realise that you have to take the good with the bad with Watbro. For every good run, there will be a dropped ball or an unnecessary penalty. It comes with the territory.

Sure I'd like him to be going better than he has, but give him time and I think he'll earn his coin (at least over the first 2 years, after that, I'm not so confident).

TheRam

Coach
We only have 23 contracted for next year, though I highly doubt all of those are in the top 25 so we need to buy at least two more:

W/C: Crooks, Faraimo, Folau, Lavaka, Radradra, Toutai
Half: Foran, Matterson, Norman
Hooker: De Gois, Peats
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott
Tight forward: Mannah, Nelson, Paulo, Watmough, Wicks
Utility: Paulo, Takairangi

I reckon only Foran would be on big money (i.e. more than $500k under the cap) with another half dozen or so on $300k to $500k.

I reckon we'd have at least another $500k to spend for next year.

Pull your head in and swallow a lump of realism Pou. Yeah sure he loves BA and Parra that much that he made the call to walk away from around half a million dollars.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eal-with-parramatta-eels-20140908-10drs9.html

Watmough is on a heavily back-ended contract for next year worth almost $1 million. Parramatta have been attempting to clear out a number of players deemed surplus to requirements in order to free up salary cap and re-shape their roster.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Pull your head in and swallow a lump of realism Pou. Yeah sure he loves BA and Parra that much that he made the call to walk away from around half a million dollars.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eal-with-parramatta-eels-20140908-10drs9.html

Watmough is on a heavily back-ended contract for next year worth almost $1 million. Parramatta have been attempting to clear out a number of players deemed surplus to requirements in order to free up salary cap and re-shape their roster.

Pricey is going to be on Channel 7 news tonight and no doubt he'll make a fool of himself like you do every time you post on here.

TheRam

Coach
Pricey is going to be on Channel 7 news tonight and no doubt he'll make a fool of himself like you do every time you post on here.

We are coming second last, not to mention all our lower grades are in the tank and I'm making a fool of myself. :crazy:

84 Baby

Referee

From what I recall from another article $300k of that was 3rd party related that Manly had to pay regardless of how much we are paying him

Exactly, given he is a current State of Origin player, I dare say he's probably worth more than that, so I still think that the money being mentioned is probably close to the mark.

Yeh I dunno. He's a backrower, and not a flashy one. I would have thought he'd be on about 500k max, before the circumstantial discount. But again, we don't have firm numbers on what *any* player actually receives.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
500k for a state of origin rep still playing well is a steal, it wasn't long ago we were paying 350k for a nuffie like Harrison or 450k for an average first grader like Lussick.

hindy111

Post Whore
Off contract and in our top 25 would be - 1.Lussick-2.Sandow-3.Morgan-4.Hoppa-5.Champion-6.Terepo-7.Pauli That would be over 2 million worth of players surely? Id say closer to 2.2/2.3

You also have Robo thou even if he isnt re-signed his replacement would cost the same you would assume.

We have replaced them with Scott and Foran who lets say are cost us at cheapest 400k & 800k. Thats 1.2million.At worse lets say 1.4million. That leaves us about 800k-1 million. And 5 spots to fill in our top 25.
We need too adress our Fullback a class centre and maybe another Prop.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

The ones off contract are irrelevant because we already have so many contracted for next year. We have two new players coming in plus there will be upgrades to youngsters who have re-signed, plus back-ending is just a fact of life - every club does it. We will certainly have to let players go because we have already spent 'their' money for next year. Focusing on who's off contract is the wrong way to look at it. Best focus on who is on contract for 2016. Players are rarely (never?) replaced one-for-one in dollar values.

hindy111

Post Whore
If we let Pauli and Terepo go than Academy has failed -Th end. All the talk about not letting talented juniors go anymore and replacing them with old farts :p

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

How would the SMH know what he was getting? They were previously reporting him to be on $900k at Manly this year with about a third of that from withheld rep payments.

There's no way we'd be paying as much as Manly, seeing we've given him a year longer than they were offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts