What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis or Farah

DiegoNT

First Grade
I know Farah Is an incumbent and almost certain selection, but would anyone have Ennis over Farah?
Farah hasn't really stamped himself in origin and Ennis style is probably more suited to origin (not the niggle, but the fact he plays a more direct kind of play over Farah who tries to play to sideways and fancy). Even though he used to have brain explosions, he's matured a bit and even though people hate it, he's niggle can be effective against the likes of Thurston.
On this year's form Ennis has been going good for the sharks while Farah has been a bit quite for the tigers.
So even though it won"t happen, would anyone else have Ennis for the blues or am I just crazy?

lafai

Bench
Daley doesn't pick players in form

Thinking about it Farah plays alright at Origin level but in club land I'd pick Ennis over Farah currently

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
Farah hasn't stamped himself in Origin? I must be thinking of a different Robbie Farah than you, he's been one of NSW's best and most consistent over the last few years. He'll be captain and his kicking game from dummy half will be vital if we're any hope of winning.

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
Farah hasn't stamped himself in Origin? I must be thinking of a different Robbie Farah than you, he's been one of NSW's best and most consistent over the last few years. He'll be captain and his kicking game from dummy half will be essential if we're any hope of winning.

He's been solid but he's far from being blues best. He over plays he's hand sometimes (though this is probably down to never having decent halves) and his kicking game can be real rocks and diamonds.

Ennis? Frack me. That guy is the biggest impostor of an Origin player I have ever seen. Deserves his papers stamped "never to play for NSW again". I'd take a corpse over Ennis. At least the corpse would know what discipline is.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Just crazy
Thought Ennis has been playing better then Farah this year though

Possibly- Farah hasn't been at his best this season. Think he tries to do to much.

He is a bit more low key in Origin in terms of trying to be creative, but the last couple of years I think his workrate has been far better then what Ennis has shown at that level.

Fordy20

Juniors
NSW don't pick on form, if they did there would be no way Buderus would have played in 07-08. Ennis is right up there with Gidley as one of the worst selections for NSW in recent history. Farah should own the NSW #9 jersey until retirement or at least until a clear successor emerges out of Lichaa, Peats and Rein.

LatK7

First Grade
NSW don't pick on form, if they did there would be no way Buderus would have played in 07-08. Ennis is right up there with Gidley as one of the worst selections for NSW in recent history. Farah should own the NSW #9 jersey until retirement or at least until a clear successor emerges out of Lichaa, Peats and Rein.

Yeah, nah.

league

Juniors
You must watch different dragons games to the rest of us.

Rein has been on fire.

Exactly. I'm sure Lat is a Dragons fan, and Dragon fans hate being proven wrong. He's always been unfairly criticised has Rein but this year he's been on fire and probably our best player yet some people still refuse to see through their rose tints.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Is robbie really the best option?
I'm really worried about Farah being captain, he's a good hooker but he's biggest weakness is that he tries to hard and over plays his hand sometimes and with pearce likely in the halves and robbie captain it's likely going to be one of those games where robbie tries to do to much himself

Johnnie Red

Juniors
Is robbie really the best option?
I'm really worried about Farah being captain, he's a good hooker but he's biggest weakness is that he tries to hard and over plays his hand sometimes and with pearce likely in the halves and robbie captain it's likely going to be one of those games where robbie tries to do to much himself

Kinda sound like your talking about Gallen. But Farrah is by far the best hooker we have. He has been almost our best player over the past few years.

If Farrah was injured I still don't think Ennis would be selected, Peats would be a better option IMO. Im really liking the progression of Lichaa he could find himself in the no. 9 in a few years.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Are you serious?

Yes, it's a legitimate question. He's a good hooker but he has his flaws like the others and is out of form at the moment. I'd eventually have Peats as our long term future and for this year Ennis has been in better form

Last edited:

Latest posts