What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup & Junior Reps Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He attacks best at centre but defends best on the wing. This is the best way to get the most out of him - he can use his passing game and still return kicks and defuse bombs. Plus Morgan gets to play to his strengths (tackling and support play).

We might re-sign neither of them and go with Faraimo. He hasn't let us down so far. Why would he start?

By the way, he has withdrawn from tonight's NSW Cup match, so he could be a chance of replacing Takairangi in Monday night's team. And you're a moron if you think that means Faraimo will play centre.
You're happy with Farimo and calling others morons :lol: mind you Taka won't be a loss with the way he has defended of late.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why aren't you happy with Faraimo? In which game this year has he not impressed you?
He's been solid, im not bagging the guy for a back up he has done his job. But he hardly a first choice wing option for a top 4 club is where we should be
Looking at heading.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In his four games this year he has outperformed Kahu, Maranta, Nabuli, Fonua and Matthew Wright. Maybe it's too small a sample but if it is then it's definitely too small a sample for you to say he's not up to it

Plenty of quality teams have average outside backs. That's how they afford to spend more at more important positions.

isaiah

Bench
Caught short down our right now, French is left 1-on-1 with the monstrous #17 who brushes the Eels' fullback off and scores in the corner.

Conversion is no good.

Cowboys make it 54-6

1min to play.

Monstrous 17 is the best player in the comp, imo

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In his four games this year he has outperformed Kahu, Maranta, Nabuli, Fonua and Matthew Wright. Maybe it's too small a sample but if it is then it's definitely too small a sample for you to say he's not up to it

Plenty of quality teams have average outside backs. That's how they afford to spend more at more important positions.
Too bad the majority of our backline is made up of those players. And if you think Farimo has been better then Kahu you are off your head. I'd love him at Parra, can play anywhere in the backline and solid as.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Living in Brisbane I get stuck watching a lot of Donkeys games, he's played everywhere in the backline id take him as our fullback in a heartbeat.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah it's a shit concept. I'd rather watch whatever passes for reserve grade, even if the teams aren't all badged the same as NRL clubs.

hindy111

Post Whore
I would scrap every Junior team.I would let the NRL run all the juniors. Then when the players turn 20 -21 they elect to to go into a draft. No bull$hit about who's junior is who.Which club spent most on juniors. This is best way too go. Than you get 1st pick if finish last.Not really sure why clubs need to be associated with the junior set up

Chipmunk

Coach
For once I have to agree with Hindy111. If the NRL is going to go forward then the junior setup needs to be restructured. A draft is impossible and unworkable with the current junior structures of the Sydney teams.

I agree in principle. The trick is going to be working out at what age players should enter the draft. A lot more 18 year olds in the AFL are potentially up to playing senior football. Bugger all league players are. But I guess is still the most logical age to do it.

strider

Post Whore
but what would be your structure? How would the teams be formed etc?

NFL relies on an exceptionally well organised national college competition

but what would be your structure? How would the teams be formed etc?

NFL relies on an exceptionally well organised national college competition

Why can't the existing junior clubs (organisations) just report to and through the NRL, rather than to a senior club? The NRL funds these clubs directly too.

The AFL don't have a problem with it.

hindy111

Post Whore
You have an age limit. Lets say 19-21. The player can elect.
Than you have a min term contract 3yrs and wages are set for first 3 yrs just like in the NFL. so 1st pick get so much etc.
Only way to make the comp fair is a draft. Means clubs do not have to get raped by other clubs and spend more money on juniors than others.
You can not have a draft while teams are joined to parenting clubs. Everyone would wynge.

hindy111

Post Whore
It would make it exciting too. Trading up for picks for the next year etc... It would put a bit more thought on long term planing and if your team does finish last atleast you know you can pick the best player in your position most needed rather than waiting 2-3 years or having to pay overs.

AT present it takes 5yrs for a top of table club to be caught by a bottom club. It is almost impossible for team in the bottom 4 to compete with those in the top untill there side gets old. Look how manly and Melbourne have dominated for so long.
You can pick 6 of the top 8 before season starts for the next 4 yrs just about.

Status
Not open for further replies.