What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain BF

Juniors
So assuming Parra's R & R committee are working with the NRL on contracts, i'd assume that we should be salary cap compliant for next season as per the NRL's orders, which should mean we'll be ok for not losing the 4 points in 2016. Or is that just related to the independant auditor?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't understand how the biggest playing contract in the history of our club was not signed off by the chairman or he didn't even look at it?

If we signed a reserve grader then I wouldn't be involving the chairman but we have landed the biggest playing contract yet no one in management cared to see the clauses?

Fascinating. These matters only happen at Parra.

I have no doubt Foran will be at Parra but it's not a good look for the club and it's loyal fans who have had to put up with this rubbish endlessly.
Spot on, how this wasn't the chairmans and boards top priority is beyond me. At best it's poor governance by him and his board.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
It would appear that multiple parties are at fault, Seward for seemingly 'going rogue' with the contractual negotiations with Foran to start with and the board for failing to have adequate oversight to prevent this from occurring in the first place.

This is still speculation. What if it was just Seward who f**ked up and was forced to move on? That he let the board down, particularly Sharpie.

I don't understand how the biggest playing contract in the history of our club was not signed off by the chairman or he didn't even look at it?

If we signed a reserve grader then I wouldn't be involving the chairman but we have landed the biggest playing contract yet no one in management cared to see the clauses?

Fascinating. These matters only happen at Parra.

I have no doubt Foran will be at Parra but it's not a good look for the club and it's loyal fans who have had to put up with this rubbish endlessly.
Why would you not speak the chairman and discuss terms with him if you were the CEO? i'd say it cost Seward his job.
My biggest fear is now DA is looking after it, now i fear we won't be able to come to terms for both parties.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This is still speculation. What if it was just Seward who f**ked up and was forced to move on? That he let the board down, particularly Sharpie.
Deflect deflect :lol:

The board let the club and fans down by not being all over this to begin with, how hard is this to understand????

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I'm currently just trying to think of another club where this situation would arise, whether it is true or not. I can't.
Can anyone imagine this weekly shenanigans going on at the Roosters or to be honest, any other club?

Seriously, the NRL need to step in with their audit as quickly as possible and sort this shit out.
Also, (and I'm not being funny here) can someone confirm who actually appointed Seward to the position? I'm just curious.

Suity

Politis has overseen the Roosters club for what 30 years or so now???
There has been stability in place for most of his tenure as chairman.
Politis has had the years to fix whatever needed fixing in the club.
This will have taken many years.

This is not the case with our club that has been deeply f**ked over with over many many years and needs "time" now, some years of stability by this new board, to clean up all the mess. Sharp has walked into a nightmare. Sharp did not create it. Sharp is focused on fixing up all the mess.

Have you not taken over a contract to fix up all the mess another builder/contractor caused?

Lets give Sharp and co the full-support he/they need to get things "right" once again.

Gronk

Staff member
CEO's do f**k things up and the board get rid of them. Go ask Woolies shareholders.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Politis has overseen the Roosters club for what 30 years or so now???
There has been stability in place for most of his tenure as chairman.
Politis has had the years to fix whatever needed fixing in the club.
This will have taken many years.

This is not the case with our club that has been deeply f**ked over with over many many years and needs "time" now, some years of stability by this new board, to clean up all the mess. Sharp has walked into a nightmare. Sharp did not create it. Sharp is focused on fixing up all the mess.

Have you not taken over a contract to fix up all the mess another builder/contractor caused?

Lets give Sharp and co the full-support he/they need to get things "right" once again.
They have been in for over two years you apologist, you will be still banging on with the same crap in 5 years time and we are still the joke of the League.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Why is this happening a week before registration deadline? Why wasn't this bridge crossed 3-4 months ago? Something's bullshit here

Shit happens Craig.

It seems DA, BA & SS are saying look we want you to play for us Foran, we are honouring the $$$$$ we agreed to pay you but we refuse to have these clauses in this contract. If you do not like these changes/amendments then its ok if you want to move on here and now as we will anyway. We are not prepared to sell out and support ridiculous clauses in this or any other contract. We are in charge and we will not have you or your manager seek to get out of this contract simply because we fired the coach or whatever. No back doors bro. As mutual benefit, are we in this together long-term as team players or not? ............. SIMPLE...... :cool:

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
i don't know why some are blaming the board

they hire a CEO for a reason. not even News Ltd's board at the Storm knew Waldron went rogue

Chipmunk

Coach
Shit happens Craig.

It seems DA, BA & SS are saying look we want you to play for us Foran, we are honouring the $$$$$ we agreed to pay you but we refuse to have these clauses in this contract. If you do not like these changes/amendments then its ok if you want to move on here and now as we will anyway. We are not prepared to sell out and support ridiculous clauses in this or any other contract. We are in charge and we will not have you or your manager seek to get out of this contract simple because we fired the coach or whatever. No back doors bro. As mutual benefit, are we in this together as team players or not? ............. SIMPLE...... :cool:

I dare say that if the CEO of the club at that time and the player and his manager had signed a contract and the club now refuses to honour said contract, that the player would be entitled to take the club to court to obtain the entire costs of the contract. In which, I also dare say, he would likely win.

Foran has all the chips in this negotiation.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
So we whinge because there was talk of get out clauses, then we whinge because we are trying to have these clauses removed.

If Foran wants to come here, it needs to be for the right reasons.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I am hoping the NRL do appoint their own board to Parramatta, maybe then we can get this shit cleaned up and actually have a normal functioning board. :shock:

Not a good thing for our club. :crazy::crazy:

It's sad that you can't see the history of f**kups that went on over many many years before Sharp came on board.

If only there was no history of f**kups behind our club to appease the small brains of fans who have no f**king idea about the reality of what our board are dealing with.

Where is that magical fairy godmother and her miracle "fast-food-wand" creating instant success for all those desperate Eels fans who only want success now so they can feel good about themselves, etc... :crazy::crazy:

Gronk

Staff member
So we whinge because there was talk of get out clauses, then we whinge because we are trying to have these clauses removed.

If Foran wants to come here, it needs to be for the right reasons.

+1

Jodeci

Bench
Why would you not speak the chairman and discuss terms with him if you were the CEO? i'd say it cost Seward his job.
My biggest fear is now DA is looking after it, now i fear we won't be able to come to terms for both parties.

I don't know mate.

I really need to get top hospital cover with my medical provider after all this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts