What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
If Foran doesn't play here next year, what do we do?

Renew sandow?

Chase a ESL half or Hodkinson?

Dangle a big fat carrot infront of a player named Jarryd Hayne?

Chipmunk

Coach
By all accounts izzy signed a contract with the eels but the NRL failed to register it. Did that go to the courts?

What contract? Izzy signed nothing... The club inquired with the NRL whether it could sign the player for a given amount and it was informed No it couldn't.

In any case, had he signed a contract it would have been in contravention of NRL rules for either party to do enter into such a agreement.

What NRL rule does the Keiran Foran contract contravene?

Chipmunk

Coach
If Foran doesn't play here next year, what do we do?

Renew sandow?

Chase a ESL half or Hodkinson?

Dangle a big fat carrot infront of a player named Jarryd Hayne?

Hodkinson would be ideal for the game plan that BA wants to play. Plus he kicks goals.

hindy111

Post Whore
Titans had the money for DCE.Have since lost Myles.Why would they not have the money?

Go for Cornish. Than look at a top class centre and fullback. Id still be happy with that outcome.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Getting Mannah to front the media instead of someone on the board. Professionalism at its best.

get a clue ffs

players fronting the media are organised a few days before hand and emails are sent out to the media to get them to turn up

the Foran story only broke this afternoon

but carry on

Incorrect

Coach
The whole thing is another example how just how bad a shape the clubs administration is in. I say that with no allegiance to the current board or those that came before them. These are the facts - there is no such thing as a straight forward business transaction at Parra, regardless of where the fault lies. We saw Izzy Folau ready to play with us, then it all went pear shaped. The best player in a generation walks out on the club to try his hand at a game he kicked ass at on PlayStation. And now our marquee signing, one that we were pinning our hopes for the next 5+ years is reportedly set to walk away from the deal our recently departed CEO signed off on after being bent over by the players management.

The question I ask myself is - if these clauses reportedly included by Seward are legit, who initiated them? Foran or his manager? Or did Seward just see it as the carrot he needed to dangle on behalf of our club? If it was Foran and his management, would they have requested the same conditions if he was going to the Warriors or Titans or wherever? Or is it because our club is perceived as being desperate that it's only Parra they would try it on? If the clauses were Sewards inspiration, it reinforces the notion that out own management felt the inadequacies of our club that the only way we could sign someone of Foran's ilk was to include a clause that basically held us to ransom.

Whatever the reasons, it's embarrassing for the club IMO.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our clubs a mess since those 3p come in...The grass was greener hey?? We are joke of NRL

Incorrect

Coach
So is this DA trying to piss of BA so he walks then DA walks into the head coach role.

Who'd want to coach a side with no Foran, no Hayne, Sandow gone and a bunch of disillusioned incumbents pissed off that the marquee player they wanted to work with is walking away from his deal? You'd have to be mental to want to step in and coach this mob.

Jason70

Juniors
The whole thing is another example how just how bad a shape the clubs administration is in. I say that with no allegiance to the current board or those that came before them. These are the facts - there is no such thing as a straight forward business transaction at Parra, regardless of where the fault lies. We saw Izzy Folau ready to play with us, then it all went pear shaped. The best player in a generation walks out on the club to try his hand at a game he kicked ass at on PlayStation. And now our marquee signing, one that we were pinning our hopes for the next 5+ years is reportedly set to walk away from the deal our recently departed CEO signed off on after being bent over by the players management.

The question I ask myself is - if these clauses reportedly included by Seward are legit, who initiated them? Foran or his manager? Or did Seward just see it as the carrot he needed to dangle on behalf of our club? If it was Foran and his management, would they have requested the same conditions if he was going to the Warriors or Titans or wherever? Or is it because our club is perceived as being desperate that it's only Parra they would try it on? If the clauses were Sewards inspiration, it reinforces the notion that out own management felt the inadequacies of our club that the only way we could sign someone of Foran's ilk was to include a clause that basically held us to ransom.

Whatever the reasons, it's embarrassing for the club IMO.

Johnny88

Juniors
So is this DA trying to piss of BA so he walks then DA walks into the head coach role.

Well if these clauses are taken out nothing to save B.A. from being sacked if that's the master plan so Ando can take over. Parra is a soap drama so may as well get on board with the show big season finale coming up. :crazy:

Chipmunk

Coach
Given the number of media reports over the last month that Foran had the "political issues" get out clause in his contract, I find it difficult, actually no, I find it near impossible, that someone on the board didn't ask the CEO whether it was true that this clause was actually put in place in Foran's contract.

If they didn't ask then you have to question their competence to do the job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts