What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R21 | Dragons 46-24 Knights @ Jubilee | Sun 2pm

Serc

First Grade
Mamo still a worry for mine. Supposed to be our fullback next year.

Have I missed something (I haven't been as up with Knights related news as much the last couple of months) but surely what kept Gagai in Newcastle was that he was promised fullback in 2016? I'm sure we all saw how good he was there this year, and presumably Mamo would be on the wing while he continues to learn more about FG

Whats Doing

Bench
I have said it all season that this team is not fit for NRL standard.

The bad defensive reads, the lack of effort to shut out your goal line, the lack of effort to keep pushing up on the inside are clear signs of fatigue.

Whilst we had a number of players out, 32 points leaked in the second half is totally unacceptable and I hope Bedsy blasts the side for this.

This cannot be fixed this season but it needs to be addressed by the incoming coach in the offseason.

The halves are also defensive liabilities with Roberts a real pea heart and Carlos just cannot defend against speed.

The moving on of Scott cannot come quick enough who is only in 1st grade on reputation. His performance has been largely very poor all year including playing for NSW.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Have I missed something (I haven't been as up with Knights related news as much the last couple of months) but surely what kept Gagai in Newcastle was that he was promised fullback in 2016? I'm sure we all saw how good he was there this year, and presumably Mamo would be on the wing while he continues to learn more about FG

Gagai has already said he wants to stay at centre and Stone has said Mamo was being groomed for fullback. Whether the new coach will still want to go that way though remains to be seen.

Swarzey

Bench
I don't have any concern. His one "big mistake" shouldn't have happened; how f**king far can they carry him back before it's held? He was one of our best out there today and was really, really unfortunate not to have gotten that second second try which does sort of sum up our season consider their luck in the next try.

Rod

Bench
We just didn't have an answer in the second half. Some of it was our own doing, some of it was the refs swallowing their whistles in certain areas and some of it was just momentum and plain bad luck. No idea how some of that stuff in the second half was let go, the try that put the Dragons ahead by 12 involved at least one clear knock-on, no idea how it wasn't spotted.

First things first, as others have said that halves performance was just horrendous. The kicking game was just a complete joke.

Snowie getting clocked and taken off did us no favours although from the time he went off our forwards were going gangbusters for a while. K Sims and Smith were awesome in the first half. Tapine is definitely a keeper too. Scott had a very good first half in defence also but lost the plot big time in the second.

Boys looked like they were pumped to play for Bedsy but some of them are just flat out terrible players who shouldn't be consistent first graders.

So bedsy reckons this performance is heading in the right direction. So conceding 46 points against the worst attacking team is the right direction?

All respect for bedsy is gone.

Rod

Bench
I don't know why people get so wound up by what the coach says after the game. It's just fluff to appease the media. You say anything interesting and you cop a fine. He's not likely to tear strips off his players after being in the job for 2 seconds either.

I don't know why people get so wound up by what the coach says after the game. It's just fluff to appease the media. You say anything interesting and you cop a fine. He's not likely to tear strips off his players after being in the job for 2 seconds either.

Nothing that happened in the game was the refs fault so he wouldn't be commenting about them and coping a fine.

All the good coaches call it how it is and don't fluff it up. It's just a Newcastle thing.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
So bedsy reckons this performance is heading in the right direction. So conceding 46 points against the worst attacking team is the right direction?

All respect for bedsy is gone.
Effort was mostly there today besides a few of the usual suspects. Scott, Roberts and Tui cost us with some shocking defensive reads and our light bench killed us in the end as well.

Rod

Bench
Nothing that happened in the game was the refs fault so he wouldn't be commenting about them and coping a fine.

All the good coaches call it how it is and don't fluff it up. It's just a Newcastle thing.

The refereeing was bordering on a disgrace.

Intensity was there in the first half. Actually rushing up in defence as a group.
Could see in the fist half that our halves were letting us down. That became critical in the 2nd half.
Not much we can do about it this year with the players available.