What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R21 | Dragons 46-24 Knights @ Jubilee | Sun 2pm

Serc

First Grade
Hard to compete for the full 80 in the middle when you lose your #1 prop in the first 10 mins

Especially with:

- the sun burning up the players and temps in the mid 20's
- a bench that is pretty light on in the middle forwards department

Nice to see those good patches in the first half though, before the above caught up with them

Dave_

Juniors
Wouldn't mind seeing Scott speared next week for the rest of the year. Shocking pea heated effort from him this season. Good riddance

macavity

Referee
We aren't doing anything until Mullo is back and/or Hokko arrives. Can't do anything with halves who struggle to kick, pass and tackle.

We have had some unlucky bounces but this team is so mentally week every piece of bad luck leads to a try. We pretty much need the opposition to lay down for 80 mins ala the Titans

Noname36

First Grade
Yeah, the halves were the huge difference today. They're clearly out of their depth, especially Carlos. They're even worse defensively than they are in attack.

The only positive is that at the least 3/4 of our spine will be different next year and hopefully a few more go with them.

Dave_

Juniors
I hope Danny stands by his words from earlier in the week. If you can't tackle, you won't be in this team.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Mamo still a worry for mine. Supposed to be our fullback next year.

That is why he should be there now. If he is going to make mistakes like that, can we do it in these nothing games instead of a fresh season.

But we have to give Derp Gidley a nice send off and retain our classy halves pairing.

Noname36

First Grade
Mamo still a worry for mine. Supposed to be our fullback next year.

I'm not too worried about Mamo. His improvement in terms of his errors from last year to this one has been huge and if he keeps improving at that rate I think he'll be fine. At the very least he's an improvement on Gidley. He wasn't good today but he's shown enough this year at fullback for me to have confidence in him.

That's even if the new coach wants him to be the fullback. There's no guarantee there.

perverse

Referee
Losing Scott is looking like a blessing in disguise. The guy has either well and truly clocked off for the year, or is in freefall decline.

Noname36

First Grade
Losing Scott is looking like a blessing in disguise. The guy has either well and truly clocked off for the year, or is in freefall decline.

Yeah, there's certainly no players leaving this year that I'm disappointed about. I wouldn't be saying that about Scott after one game but he's been poor most games this year.

Latest posts