What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

Canard

Immortal
I like the effort you went to.

Sure. AAMI did slip my mind, I have been there and didn't find it as good as Cbus. I just think of anything in the 20's capacity wise as small.

Each to their own, but I reckon AAMI is easily the best "small" rectangular stadium in the Country, but a country mile.

Robina is a great stadium but the out in the middle of nowhere feel means its loses something to me.

AAMI only needs a crowd of 13k or so to make it noisy.

oldmancraigy

Coach
being a parra fan took the kids and a wife to the sfs for last nights game. i dont really look at pricing before a game cause i pay at the gate.

yesterday cost me
- $20 parking at sydney boys high
- $88 for tickets
- $60 for drinks , food and other junk

Thats a total of a $166 for 2hrs worth of entertainment, I'm also pretty sure they were the cheapest family tickets available. There is no way i could afford the head out every second week with the kids , and there lies the problem. It should be a regular outing taking your family to the game instead it becomes a once or twice year event
I know clubs do promotions for family passes and cheap tickets but it should be the norm not the exception.
really an extra 10000 at the game is so much healthier than those same 10000 watching on fox or channel nine
I know a they pay a lot of money for the rights but i such a bad look for the game .
I personally think its a much worse look for the game having empty stadiums then anything any player does on or off the field

Cheaper match day experience is a huge start

How much cheaper can it get?
You've paid $80 for 'non game related' stuff. Even if the tickets had been half priced (so $44 for 4 of you? I'm guessing 4, you didn't say) the total price is still $124 for 2 hours entertainment.

$44/ ticket would be pretty cheap, they DID actually have a $50 family ticket offer for that game. Which is not unreasonable. It would probably cost $30 for 4 people at Macca's these days, so really, $50 for 4 tickets is cheap as. $88 for 4 tickets isn't terrible - look at movie ticket prices.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Each to their own, but I reckon AAMI is easily the best "small" rectangular stadium in the Country, but a country mile.

Robina is a great stadium but the out in the middle of nowhere feel means its loses something to me.

AAMI only needs a crowd of 13k or so to make it noisy.

Yeah CBUS location is crap, but to me, looking at the Stadium only its nice an boxy, and felt steeper. Though, because of CBUS' deserted location its noise containers wouldn't be as good as AAMI. Facilities at AAMI are definitely better too, I just hate the bubble look.

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
It was a day game, wasn't it the one where Morris scored that try set up from Barba?

No that was 2012 up at the Sold Out Mackay!

The game at Perth was last year V The Storm! The weather was shocking, pre-sales indicated a really good crowd of at least 17-18K.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
No that was 2012 up at the Sold Out Mackay!

The game at Perth was last year V The Storm! The weather was shocking, pre-sales indicated a really good crowd of at least 17-18K.

Yeah I remember looking at the radar when that game was about to start and a brutal storm was coming in.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Friday night will be interesting. I would think par would be 27,000, anything more is a bonus.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In horrendous weather on a night from memory. Sunny Sunday afternoon like Gosford enjoyed would have seen 17-18k imo.
Against Melbourne - maybe.

The Titans? I'm not convinced. Were there ANY Titans fans at Gosford yesterday?

It was a day game, wasn't it the one where Morris scored that try set up from Barba?

Nope, that was Mackay.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Against Melbourne - maybe.

The Titans? I'm not convinced. Were there ANY Titans fans at Gosford yesterday?

Nope, that was Mackay.

Funnily enough i do see a few titans jerseys around the coast, must be expat queenzlanders

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Funnily enough i do see a few titans jerseys around the coast, must be expat queenzlanders

I think a fair chunk of the Sydney based MC made the trek north too.

Given the reciprocal members access and both clubs in the 8 30k+ is my par

Yeah, I agree. Say both Bulldogs or Souths should/could/would pull at least 15k with their current situation versus an average team, surely they can hit 30k.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

R23 Total: 113,560 | R23 Average: 14,195

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
What was that decent crowd they got vs Storm that year? Surely the Roosters could beat that. Broncos will have more support there than what Melbourne had.