What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

CC_Roosters

First Grade
If some of the Sunday blockbusters dont lift crowds next year I honestly dont know what will.

Hardly any dofferent from last year so i dont know why its being reported as a knew development. We had souths v easts on a sunday arvo and the crowd was very underwhelming. A series of blockbusters involving the tigers, bunnies, eels and dragons on a sunday afternoon failed to materialise any noticeably bigger crowds than the norm.

Problem ia that most footy is at night, we get 3 afternoon games a round but people still whinge about those slots not being suitable. The negative nonsense about saturday 3pm is just BS, to me its the best time to go

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lets see if clubs and the NRL have learnt anything and actually get off their backsides and market these "blockbusters".

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So with the changes coming to the schedule in 2016 and 2017 who else thinks we are going to see further declines in crowd figures? Cant see this friday 6pm rubbish averaging more than 5k tbh

What does 6pm Friday mean for crowds? What are Friday night crowds in Auckland going to be like? This could perhaps even be a boost. Canny Sydney clubs who shift Warriors games because they can't draw a crowd would be trying to get in on this slot.

A Friday night 6pm game in Melbourne is probably a winner, due to the proximity of the ground to the CBD. Although Suncorp thinks they can't be hosted in Brisbane, a 6pm game would also draw well. I can't see a 6pm Brisbane game having lower crowds than an 8pm Brisbane game. And while it might be legislatively impossible at the moment, don't rule out the power of the NRL negotiating a change here. Basically, I wouldn't be surprised.

What would 6pm Friday in Newcastle look like? Or Wollongong? Or the Central Coast, where teams move low drawing games anyway. Or Canberra, where it is f**k all degrees at night time in winter?

The only place where this looks bad for crowds is Sydney, and let's be honest, that's where crowds look bad anyway.

Enough handwringing already. 6pm Friday could be a winner.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
What does 6pm Friday mean for crowds? What are Friday night crowds in Auckland going to be like? This could perhaps even be a boost. Canny Sydney clubs who shift Warriors games because they can't draw a crowd would be trying to get in on this slot.

A Friday night 6pm game in Melbourne is probably a winner, due to the proximity of the ground to the CBD. Although Suncorp thinks they can't be hosted in Brisbane, a 6pm game would also draw well. I can't see a 6pm Brisbane game having lower crowds than an 8pm Brisbane game. And while it might be legislatively impossible at the moment, don't rule out the power of the NRL negotiating a change here. Basically, I wouldn't be surprised.

What would 6pm Friday in Newcastle look like? Or Wollongong? Or the Central Coast, where teams move low drawing games anyway. Or Canberra, where it is f**k all degrees at night time in winter?

The only place where this looks bad for crowds is Sydney, and let's be honest, that's where crowds look bad anyway.

Enough handwringing already. 6pm Friday could be a winner.

My graduate role was pretty easy to just walk out of the office at 5pm. I will find it pretty difficult to get there now, even thought I work in the city.

8pm is so much better, get to meet with mates, have a couple, a bite to eat, walk in with 10mins left before kickoff. 6pm will be a scramble. I guess it could suit some families more than 8pm.