What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

elbusto

Coach
We all (well mostl of us) know the history of AFL and the history od soccer and rugby union, and guess what they all came out (official rules etc) came out of the anglo society. And further, guess what rugby league sprung from rugby. They are all anglo in origin.

So what is your point, as said there are as many new australians playing AFL as league and union?
rls point is that the afl lies about its origins but is in reality just another code that originated out of the uk. He is correct of course.

Perth Red

Post Whore
BS, putting a team in perth has little to do with AFL and everything to do with RL. Show me anywhere I have played the AFL fear post, I'm not from the NS bears or CQ camps! Having an NRL team in Perth will do nothing to weaken the AFL in WA. It will help RL grow and will strengthen the NRL's footprint and perception as a national competition and RL as a sport enjoyed by all Australians.
Now Rugby union that is a different matter!

elbusto

Coach
BS, putting a team in perth has little to do with AFL and everything to do with RL. Show me anywhere I have played the AFL fear post, I'm not from the NS bears or CQ camps! Having an NRL team in Perth will do nothing to weaken the AFL in WA. It will help RL grow and will strengthen the NRL's footprint and perception as a national competition and RL as a sport enjoyed by all Australians.
Now Rugby union that is a different matter!
the only reason you are here is to bore us shitless about the need for a perth team and you have pretty much alienated all of us in the process

BlueandGold

Juniors
Why is it when fumblers get beat they quote the RL tv ratings down. [-X

Everywhere i look Bigfooty being the main culprit they keep saying the NRL GF rated 3.6m.

ITS 3.73million you derpballers.

I know you read this site, its time to educate the simpletons.

NRL GF was revised 2 times by mediaweek

• Nine’s NRL release: 4,481,000 watch NRL Grand Final

The North Queensland Cowboys made history yesterday when they won their first NRL Premiership defeating the Brisbane Broncos in a nail biting, Grand Final Golden Point thriller (17-16) – in what has been deemed by many as the greatest NRL Grand Final of all time.
The Nine Network’s broadcast of the 2015 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final secured a national average audience of 3.739 million (5 City: 2.437 million / Regional: 1.302 million) while recording a national peak audience of 4.481 million (5 City: 2.942 million / Regional: 1.539 million) – making it the second biggest Grand Final 5 City Metro audience in history, behind the 2014 match.
A crowd of 82,758 attended ANZ Stadium yesterday, making the 2015 NRL Finals series the most attended series on record.
The Nine Network recorded a massive free-to-air audience share of 45.1% with Total People.
In Sydney, the game was the number one program for the night with the broadcast achieving an average audience of 952,000, with a peak of 1.084 million viewers.
The Nine Network recorded a free-to-air audience share of 70.1% with People 16-39, 66.2% with People 18-49, 63.8% with People 25-54, and 60% Total People.
In Brisbane, the game was also the number one program for the night securing an average audience of 788,000, with a peak of 939,000 viewers – making it the highest rating NRL Grand Final since 2006.
In Brisbane, the Nine Network recorded a free-to-air audience share of 72.1% with People 16-39, 70.6% with People 18-49, 69.6% with People 25-54, and 64.7% Total People.
In Melbourne, it was again the number one program – drawing an average audience of 433,000, with a peak of 547,000 viewers.
The Nine Network recorded a free-to-air audience share of 40.6% with People 16-39, 39.9% with People 18-49, 38.8% with People 25-54, and 32.5% Total People.
In Adelaide, the game was the number four program of the evening with an average audience was 112,000, while the peak audience was 148,000.
And in Perth, the game was the number three program of the night with an average audience was 152,000 with a peak of 224,000 viewers.
The post-match Grand Final Presentation, was the number two program of the night with a 5 City average audience of 1.77 million, peaking with 2.748 million viewers.
The pre-match Grand Final Entertainment, was the number three program on Sunday, with a 5 City average audience of 1.430 million, peaking with 2.057 million viewers.
http://www.mediaweek.com.au/the-grand-final-weekend-on-telly/

Fumblers i know your watching take note.:lol::lol:

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
the only reason you are here is to bore us shitless about the need for a perth team and you have pretty much alienated all of us in the process

Boofckinhoo! This is about much more than if I get a club to follow, it's about what RL could become. Union is about to ad teams from Japan and Argentina to its comp whilst we are still debating if Brisbane should get another team! No Wonder RL is such a geographically minority sport. Great game run by idiots sums it up well.

Last edited:
We all (well mostl of us) know the history of AFL and the history od soccer and rugby union, and guess what they all came out (official rules etc) came out of the anglo society. And further, guess what rugby league sprung from rugby. They are all anglo in origin.

So what is your point, as said there are as many new australians playing AFL as league and union?
My point is that fumbleball fans claim their game is Australian. They even call it Australia's game. Its not. Like all all football codes its origins are in the greater British Isles that includes Ireland a fact that the fumbelball fans choose to ignore.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Boofckinhoo! This is about much more than if I get a club to follow, it's about what RL could become. Union is about to ad teams from Japan and Argentina to its comp whilst we are still debating if Brisbane should get another team! No Wonder RL is such a geographically minority sport. Great game run by idiots sums it up well.

Not sure why your using a terrible idea from Super rugby to make your point.

Adding a Argentina Team and a Japanese team just adds huge costs to all the Super rugby teams.

Super Rugby are adding these teams out of desperation to stave off Top 14 and the Euro rugby comps stealing there players.

They will get a little rise in TV rights but not enough to propel therer comp forward like the NRL.

Super Rugby just signed tv deal with a 5.1million cap for the next 5 years
NRL Anywhere from 11million to 13million cap in the next 5 years.

Your a worry guts, you remind me of my mother...:lol::lol:

docbrown

Coach
Boofckinhoo! This is about much more than if I get a club to follow, it's about what RL could become. Union is about to ad teams from Japan and Argentina to its comp

Where else are they going to add teams from?

North Queensland? A second Brisbane side? Gold Coast? Newcastle? Central Coast? Western Sydney? Wollongong? Adelaide? Hobart?

Let's face it - Super Rugby is the only format that allows the Australian Rugby Union to have anything resembling a "national" comp --- and they can barely sustain 5 teams as it is! That's why it is and will continue (unless it collapses -- which is possible) to be the 4th football code here.

South Africa might be able to sustain a proper national comp but it's a poor nation so the $$$ would reduce. They'd probably be better off trying to get into a European comp and I suspect that will probably happen at some point in the future. If so that'd could be death knell for Super Rugby.

New Zealand might be able to sustain a national comp too but it's a small country so again the $$$ would reduce. Australia can't sustain one. Argentina can't either so that's why they're getting chucked in the SR omelette.

Basically Super Rugby isn't the best answer -- it's the only answer -- rugby union has been able to come up with to address the inadequacies of its sport.

Last edited:

BlueandGold

Juniors
Where else are they going to add teams from?

North Queensland? A second Brisbane side? Gold Coast? Newcastle? Central Coast? Western Sydney? Wollongong? Adelaide? Hobart?

Let's face it - Super Rugby is the only format that allows the Australian Rugby Union to have anything resembling a "national" comp --- and they can barely sustain 5 teams as it is! That's why it is and will continue (unless it collapses -- which is possible) to be the 4th football code here.

South Africa might be able to sustain a proper national comp but it's a poor nation so the $$$ would reduce. They'd probably be better off trying to get into a European comp and I suspect that will probably happen at some point in the future. If so that'd could be death knell for Super Rugby.

New Zealand might be able to sustain a national comp too but it's a small country so again the $$$ would reduce. Australia can't sustain one. Argentina can't either so that's why they're getting chucked in the SR omelette.

Basically Super Rugby isn't the best answer -- it's the only answer -- rugby union has been able to come up with to address the inadequacies of its sport.

Yep and Super rugby just seems to be treading water Atm.

Every new deal the AFL and NRL pulls away and the aleague is now in front and will probably sign around 60m PA deal soon with Fox.

If you count cricket they are already in 5th spot with Netball rising fast.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Australia is a small part player in Super 15. its an international comp not an Australian one. One day the NRL may stop thinking of itself as a NSW comp and do something similar.
The probability is Japan in years to come will be a more important market for Union than Australia. The point is not what Unions is doing in Australia but what vision, and balls, Union have globally. We struggle to agree on if we should put another team on our second biggest market whilst they are out creating new markets in new countries. Its why RL will always be as it is, big fish in very small ponds. Its such a great game and so far superior to Union yet you watch the RUWC on at the moment where they are packing out stadiums for dire games between minnow teams and realise that the product means little if you cant market, grow and sell it.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Australia is a small part player in Super 15. its an international comp not an Australian one. One day the NRL may stop thinking of itself as a NSW comp and do something similar.
The probability is Japan in years to come will be a more important market for Union than Australia. The point is not what Unions is doing in Australia but what vision, and balls, Union have globally. We struggle to agree on if we should put another team on our second biggest market whilst they are out creating new markets in new countries. Its why RL will always be as it is, big fish in very small ponds. Its such a great game and so far superior to Union yet you watch the RUWC on at the moment where they are packing out stadiums for dire games between minnow teams and realise that the product means little if you cant market, grow and sell it.

Even Australian Rugby fans want Super 15 gone for the most part.

Super rugby is a terrible structure.

So much so that the entire Super 15 tv deal is about 750million over 5 years.

The NRL's TV deal will be more than double that.

Btw The NZ Warriors makes the NRL a international comp also if you had not noticed.

Quality over quantity my friend.

Last Week

Bench

And you think that Union is getting stronger in Japan and Argentina because of Super Rugby?

RoosTah

Juniors

Mate, I love Rugby and the Tahs, but whilst Super Rugby has provided a great standard of footy, as a product for Australian broadcasters it's bloody terrible and that's why it struggles to make much money.

The very fact that so many games have to take place in awful time slots thanks to South Africa's involvement means that the game only ever has a couple of days worth of prime time product and that's a massive problem.

The inclusion of Japan makes no sense to me, even with their strong viewing numbers in the RWC. The team will play half their games in bloody Singapore and for some moronic reason are in the South African conference.

It's now easily the most expensive rugby league/union comp in the world to run, requiring a tonne of travel and therefore logistically the most complex. What's more, the Grand Final lacks a centralised location (because that would be unfair) and therefore it has no event games that it can sell to a broadcaster with any level of assurance.

Honestly, with the clusterf##k schedule SANZAR have put forward next year, I'll be very impressed if the whole thing doesn't fold in two years.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Article in the West said the Force will travel 60,000kms for games next season! We keep saying union is getting it wrong, and I hate the frickers so hope it is so, yet in last decade they have been able to start prof leagues in a number of countries and introduced national teams into comps competitively, Italy in Europe, Argentina and japan etc. What has been interesting looking at RUWC is that the pacific islands seem to be falling behind these other nations now, might mean a bigger gap for RL to get its foot in the door in Fiji, Samoa etc?

As someone once said it is better to have tried and failed than not tried at all. NRL still seemingly has absolutely no idea what its footprint will look like in the next decade or two. Dave smith has replaced Gallops umms and arrs with maybes and possibly.

bobmar28

Bench
Have you ever heard the saying "Strike while the iron is hot" Well the iron is hot right now for NRL.
Ipswich Jrts and WA Pirates ASAP.