What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess not in Sonny's class.

Valheru

Coach
Sam didn't fail in union.

He played 5 tests for his country in his first year.

No failure.

I see you have bought the burgess myth. Burgess played for england on the back of his name and his exploits in league, which is an indictment on the english union team and rugby union in general. As it turns out he was absolute garbage and decided to run back to mummy and russ with his tail in between his legs.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Sam Burgess let Bath and Souths know he was leaving before he got on the plane, therefore exhibiting more class than SBW when changing codes. And didn't make a handshake deal to join a rival club of the one he'd f**ked in the first place.

And as far I'm aware, he's not demanding to have UFC fights in his contract and drift in late to pre-season.

Please. You can say Burgess has less achievements than SBW, but class isn't a word that suits the latter.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Sam Burgess let Bath and Souths know he was leaving before he got on the plane, therefore exhibiting more class than SBW when changing codes. And didn't make a handshake deal to join a rival club of the one he'd f**ked in the first place.

And as far I'm aware, he's not demanding to have UFC fights in his contract and drift in late to pre-season.

Please. You can say Burgess has less achievements than SBW, but class isn't a word that suits the latter.
Word

shiznit

Coach

Yeah but he did that to the Bulldogs... So that's no biggie...

halfbackBENHUNT

Juniors
Lmao feral souffs scum saying that burge$$ the squirrel gripper cheap shot merchant has any class. Hes a dud player who only gets by when souffs are receiving a million penalties. SBW overcame all adversity in his time to win premierships, burgarse literally had to have his handed to him (he should've been pulled off in the GF under concussion laws)

shiznit

Coach

:lol:

That comment just shows how much your hate for the guy clouds your common sense...

After the last month the most common word used to describe the guy is class...

He's had articles and columns across the world applauding his class...

You want proof... Just google 'sonny bill williams class'.

Bigcoq

Juniors
You can't compare Burge$$ and SBW they are too different.
SBW is a supreme athlete, Burge$$ is more like Les Boyd.
Burge$$ wouldn't tie Boyds boot laces.. Boyd would force Burge$$ into early retirement..

Bigcoq

Juniors
I'll always remember the 2013 battle for the minor premiership. SammyB was put into a big hole, only the fullback to beat. A simple draw and pass and Souffs score and take the lead. He goes himself and gets tackled by Minichiello. In that same half, he's in another position where if he passes souffs score, but again he goes himself and gets bundled into touch. In contrast, Sonny Bill Williams makes a superb break, runs downfield, draws in GI and passes to Mitch Pearce to score the matchwinner
Sonny is the far superior footballer..

RWB

Bench

Meanwhile the squirrel gripper is all class because he always gives warning. :lol:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
:lol:

That comment just shows how much your hate for the guy clouds your common sense...

After the last month the most common word used to describe the guy is class...

He's had articles and columns across the world applauding his class...

You want proof... Just google 'sonny bill williams class'.

Haha seriously? Because Google says he's class?

Don't get it twisted, SBW's management implores him to look for PR opportunities to push his brand. That kid ran on the field, the security guy did his job and all of a sudden SBW is a hero? Oh and how about how he said the kid was 7-8...he was 14 :lol: Great, great sportsman. Absolute dunce bloke and not classy. And I loved him before he walked on the Dogs.

Haha fair, the squirrel grip wasn't ideal. Still, 2008 won't be beaten.

POPEYE

Coach
Should never get involved in domestic disputes Penny, these neighbours will turn on you just as quickly as they'd change their views depending on which team Sammy and Sonny played for

TheDalek079

Bench
is getting knocked out from the RWC in pool play, eye-gouging and grabbing bloke's testicles really more classy than walking away from the bulldogs without telling them?

Liddell

Juniors
At least we've confirmed Sammy is the better League player of the two and now we can discuss the important stuff.

RWB

Bench
At least we've confirmed Sammy is the better League player of the two and now we can discuss the important stuff.

Sam's limited in his play. Exceptional at what he does but at the end of the day he's a yardage man with extreme hitting power in defence. The ability to create points consistently is what sets SBW apart from Burgess, it's that touch of dare I say it... class.

Not that there's any shame in that, SBW is the greatest talent to come out of NZ and one of the most talented forwards we'll ever see.

I know that offends the dinosaurs who have this pre-conceived idea about what a forward really is but SBW re-defined the role of an edge forward and that's what makes him a great. Sam is just doing what plenty have done before him and what plenty will continue to do years after him.

I'm not sure if we'll ever see another SBW, not in my life time anyway.