What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Maybe Klopp also took into account the possibility of penalties in this one. You'd have to want migs in ahead of anyone if it goes to that.

Should be done and dusted by now tho, Benteke has missed 2 big chances.

cb4

First Grade
Maybe Klopp also took into account the possibility of penalties in this one. You'd have to want migs in ahead of anyone if it goes to that.

Should be done and dusted by now tho, Benteke has missed 2 big chances.

So many missed chances. Phil off the post was a big one.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Should've been 3-1 possibly more before that free kick was even taken. So many chances to win that one and we paid for it.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Its the knock on affect mate. The grass isn't greener.

Remember when we tried Brad Jones last year?

Remember when we tried Bogdan this year?

Danny Ward may be up to it, but if he makes an error he will be cursed and slated.

Fact is, as shit as Mignolet is, there literally is no one else better in the club than him.

so what if danny ward may not be up to it? it's a risk worth taking if the only alternative is accepting rubbish from mignolet.

again he saved a couple and could have leaked 3-4 doing his best impersonation of a seagull today

Craig Johnston

First Grade
FWIW origi and sturridge looked lively today. IF we can EVER get them and firmino coutinho on the same park we have hope for making 6th spot

cb4

First Grade
so what if danny ward may not be up to it? it's a risk worth taking if the only alternative is accepting rubbish from mignolet.

again he saved a couple and could have leaked 3-4 doing his best impersonation of a seagull today

We have taken the Risk on Bogdan and Jones, and the grass isn't greener. Ward could be the answer, or he could have a stinker and be sent off into oblivion again.

Mignolet is crap, yes I agree with you, but he is the best crap out of a real bad bunch.

cb4

First Grade
FWIW origi and sturridge looked lively today. IF we can EVER get them and firmino coutinho on the same park we have hope for making 6th spot

I agree with this. A front 3 of Sturridge, Firmino and Coutinho with Origi as foil will make us impossible to keep out.
I think 6th is out of the equation but there is a very real chance to save some respect in the season.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
We have taken the Risk on Bogdan and Jones, and the grass isn't greener. Ward could be the answer, or he could have a stinker and be sent off into oblivion again.

Mignolet is crap, yes I agree with you, but he is the best crap out of a real bad bunch.

until ward is given a go, pointing to bogdan jones or even charles itjande or jose enrique doesn't prove the mignolet's "grass is greener"

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I agree with this. A front 3 of Sturridge, Firmino and Coutinho with Origi as foil will make us impossible to keep out.
I think 6th is out of the equation but there is a very real chance to save some respect in the season.

i just picked a random number to illustrate how f**ked up it is right now

cb4

First Grade
until ward is given a go, pointing to bogdan jones or even charles itjande or jose enrique doesn't prove the mignolet's "grass is greener"

That's how bad the situation has gotten. I agree with you on Ward, but I am pointing out that the grass isn't always greener than Mignolet.

i just picked a random number to illustrate how f**ked up it is right now

Yep, pretty bad. I think the best is 7th and hope we get into the Europa qualifiers.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
If we can keep Studge fit and playing regularly hen our attack instantly becomes so dynamic. Studge is just another class above anything we have upfront. His movement and ability to make space for himself is so good. If only the one on one Big Ben had fell to Studge.

WhT dos you guys make of Stewart and Chivirella? I thought they were both outstanding. Chivirella was fantastic for a kid, just sat in front of the back 4 and broke things up. Lucas was also very good at CB even with the soft free kick at the end.

cb4

First Grade
Chivirella was fantastic, pretty close to man of the match for me. Needs a loan stint to a Championship team for a year to get a real grind of weekly football.

Kevin Stewart is going to be something special. Getting him on a free was a brilliant piece of FSG business.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Chivirella was fantastic, pretty close to man of the match for me. Needs a loan stint to a Championship team for a year to get a real grind of weekly football.

Kevin Stewart is going to be something special. Getting him on a free was a brilliant piece of FSG business.

Agree about Chivirella mate, we just need to make sure we get the right loan deal for him. He's a genuine holding Midfielder IMO and one we need to further develop. Both he Teixiera looked so comfortable on the ball.

Stewart has been the best of the kids for me in the cup run. He was one of our best in all the games he played. Looked buggered late in the game today but just kept on picking himself up and going.

cb4

First Grade
Teixeria is the one we need to keep a hold of. I know he is a bit older but he is a talent for sure.
Needs some league time, but he will be a very handy player in the next 18 months.

cb4

First Grade
PR apology from fsg today... Congrats fans for invoking a response, albeit not the one we all REALLY want

Good on the fans for not taking the hit though. It is nice to see the results of a positive protest work out well for everyone involved.

And good on FSG for taking immediate action on this.

A good result for all was had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts