What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Eels V Broncos

Eelogical

Referee
Yes, it's just over a week away and I'm already pumped bigger than the Goodyear blimp. I'm expecting nothing short of a bumper crowd (weather permitting) at Pirtek for the opening game. Hopefully, this will be a showcase game of NRL to get things heading in the right direction and start the season off with a bang. I won't be going due to other commitments though I will be glued to the TV, but hope to get to as many home games as I possibly can this year. I'd like to you hear from you guys about your thoughts on this game, possible line ups and crowd expected. Are you going?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cricket finished today so footy season is pretty good timing

Go Parra

Eelogical

Referee
Cricket finished today so footy season is pretty good timing

Go Parra

Not to go off topic but I will consider OZ #1 in cricket when we beat mightier nations on their home turf. India, South Africa and Pommies. Two of those will do it for me.

Suitman

Post Whore
Not to go off topic but I will consider OZ #1 in cricket when we beat mightier nations on their home turf. India, South Africa and Pommies. Two of those will do it for me.

The other teams have to do the same.
We are No. 1.

Certainly looking forward to next Thursday night.

Suity

Eelogical

Referee
The other teams have to do the same.
We are No. 1.

Certainly looking forward to next Thursday night.

Suity

Suity, I know it's a while to go yet , I was just garnishing some thoughts, expectations and the like about next week. Your possible team line up from both sides etc and how you see it panning out both crowd wise and likely winner. Personally, I am expecting an Eels win and a bumper crowd.

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity, I know it's a while to go yet , I was just garnishing some thoughts, expectations and the like about next week. Your possible team line up from both sides etc and how you see it panning out both crowd wise and likely winner. Personally, I am expecting an Eels win and a bumper crowd.

So am I mate.
Given fine weather, I expect a huge turnout (sell out maybe) and I anticipate a win.
This is the year, of all years, where we need to start strong and send a warning to the rest of the teams that we mean business.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'll be at my house full of Bronco fans, there will be nothing sweeter wiping the smug looks of their arrogant bandwagoning faces.

strider

Post Whore
I actually have an expectation that we will start the season poorly in terms of wins.

I think we will compete but maybe not win games ... I just think it will take a bit of time for things to gel. Then we will kick in mid season and go on a run

emjaycee

Coach
I don't think our attack will gel as a unit for a few weeks, but to be honest, I am not that concerned. We have some strike players in Semi, Jenko, Normy and Foz that can put on points without needing set moves to do so.

I am more excited about the potential strength of our defence which may just be enough to hold out other teams enough to allow the aforementioned players to get us enough points to win some early games.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I don't think our attack will gel as a unit for a few weeks, but to be honest, I am not that concerned. We have some strike players in Semi, Jenko, Normy and Foz that can put on points without needing set moves to do so.

That's what is so exciting about our team this year, whilst we mightn't have every player on song especially early on but we just have so much strike power across the board that it won't matter too much if we don't. If everyone is on their game we could put a lot of points on a fair few teams.

Mickyd39

Juniors
That's what is so exciting about our team this year, whilst we mightn't have every player on song especially early on but we just have so much strike power across the board that it won't matter too much if we don't. If everyone is on their game we could put a lot of points on a fair few teams.

Agreed

I think once everything clicks we're going to be very hard to beat.

I'm pumped for a big year.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Broncos goal line defence will set the standard early, set plays in their 20 won't cut it. Personally I reckon if we are to win this one we need to play a bit of footy just inside the Donkeys half.

Which I reckon suits us, if we are prepared to have a go.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Our backline and starting front row is predictable. Our backrow should be Scott, Mau and Moreora (as Watmough appears to be out for rd 1)

The bench will be interesting. Gower should have 1 spot.

Then it is up to opinion. I would go with Wicks and Edwards. Not sure of final spot.

Latest posts