What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015/16 Champions League

abpanther

Staff member
Looked like Chelsea's defense was gonna hold on but that late Cavani goal has left the tie very even

Tigers1986

Juniors
Tie is in Chelsea's favour for mine, the away goal being so crucial. Terry should be fit for the return leg and the home advantage could work wonders. It's odd as the games between the two are great. Would love them to be in the same group next time (unlikely next season because, well, you know, Chelsea).

BunniesMan

Immortal
^ I care, as does every other "Real" Arsenal Fan... You absolute clown.

The Premier League is harder to win than the champions league. Less matches, non English teams mostly have domestic seasons that are little more than training runs. Nothing matches the week in and week out grind of 38 premier league matches.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Lol that must be why Arsenal's European trophy cabinet is bulging, all those easy champions league trophys you must love admiring.

You just can't admit you are trying but aren't good enough to win it.

Tigers1986

Juniors
It's the attitude of gooner fans that make me hate the club more and more, and revel in their constant failures. Rather than trying to, you know, win the game they just fold and get run over.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Lol that must be why Arsenal's European trophy cabinet is bulging, all those easy champions league trophys you must love admiring.

You just can't admit you are trying but aren't good enough to win it.
I know we're trying. I wish we wouldn't. If I was manager my absolute priority would be the premier league this season.

The champions league is not comparing apples and apples. Bayern, Barcelona, Real, PSG, their domestic leagues are jokes. The entire season for Bayern and PSG is a training run for the champions league, and for Barca and Real almost every domestic game is a training run.

They can all focus 99% of their energies on the champions league. English teams cannot do that. English teams have 2 domestic cups, no winter breaks, and much higher quality 5th-20th teams.

The English clubs do not have a fair go in Europe.

It's the attitude of gooner fans that make me hate the club more and more, and revel in their constant failures. Rather than trying to, you know, win the game they just fold and get run over.

Did you even watch the game? We held our own for 70 minutes. They didn't even get a shot on target in the first half.

The champions league is not comparing apples and apples. Bayern, Barcelona, Real, PSG, their domestic leagues are jokes. The entire season for Bayern and PSG is a training run for the champions league, and for Barca and Real almost every domestic game is a training run.

Please.

The closeness in competition in the Premier League is more a reflection on how far the big 5 have dropped more than the lower sides getting better. English club sides have been a joke in europe for a few seasons now, constantly being beaten by these so called "training run" sides that you think exist in Spain & Germany.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
To be fair english football is a lot stronger in the 1st two divisions by an absolute mile than anywhere else in the world.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Please.

The closeness in competition in the Premier League is more a reflection on how far the big 5 have dropped more than the lower sides getting better. English club sides have been a joke in europe for a few seasons now, constantly being beaten by these so called "training run" sides that you think exist in Spain & Germany.

No. Look at the budgets of the non CL teams in England. Relegation contenders in England have more money than some champions league teams. Teams like Stoke and West Ham can buy players with champions league experience from big clubs. And not over the hill 34 year olds, but blokes coming into their prime like Shaqiri.

Uncomparable depth in the premier league, no winter break, 2 domestic cups. That is why English clubs don't get a fair go. The Premier League is a victim of its own success, the gigantic money means every club is strong which means no club can focus on the champions league the way contenders in other countries can.

saint.nick

Coach
The Premier League is harder to win than the champions league. Less matches, non English teams mostly have domestic seasons that are little more than training runs. Nothing matches the week in and week out grind of 38 premier league matches.

oh shut up :lol:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
BM will be stuffed when the pan European breakaway league happens and they have to compete in a champions league style competition all the time against the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern and PSG.