What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am sure a lot of guys on here have a second team they like to see do well.

Penrith are our closest rival and its good to be able to compare two clubs just like two companies.Just so you can get ideas off each other and see who is doing well.
Our membership drive has been more a success. I reckon there academy blows ours away thou.And Gould did fix all of that. They have won the under 20's 2/3 years and have produced a stack of juniors in the last 3 yrs.

strider

Post Whore
Penrith do seem to have some good juniors coming through in a spread of positions

But it means jack shit unless you convert it into nrl success ... parra had the best junior setp for a long time - we havent won jack for 30 yrs

strider

Post Whore
I actually dont have a second team anymore. Probably did at times when i was younger but not now.

I just have other teams i dislike less

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yeah I had a soft spot for the Steelers and probably have seen them live more then the eels. But the merger killed that!! Still find it hard to believe the Gong only gets 4 games a year, that's insane!!

Parra47

Juniors
Don't know if I'd call them 2nd teams, but yeah I used to like to see the Steelers do well. Also the Gold Coast because they are always struggling, Nth Qld because I love Cairns and the tropics and Canberra becuase the wife and I enjoy the odd weekend trip down there and I find their green jumpers very calming.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
I don't support any other team. If I'm watching a game not involving Eels, I'm usually just hoping more that one team loses over the other

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't support any other team. If I'm watching a game not involving Eels, I'm usually just hoping more that one team loses over the other

I can't watch other teams, myself. I get bored.

I love the sport of league, but if Parra isn't playing, I'm not into it.

Just like football - if Barcelona, the Wanderers or Australia isn't playing, I'm not into it.

Gronk

Staff member

Just like football - if Barcelona, the Wanderers or Australia isn't playing, I'm not into it.

That's 100% me too.

Will not, cannot watch other teams play.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah it's usually only finals, such as last year when I didn't want Cowboys to win but I wanted Boncos to lose even more.

With other sports, I don't know how people can get so infatuated with teams they are never going to see live on a regular basis. The EPL for example, of course I'm on the love train for Leicester ATM, but next year I won't give a rats. I'll probably be 'supporting' Sheffield Wednesday

I like watching the Raiders, but I don't necessarily want them to win. I guess I like the chaos that seems to accompany most of their mid-season games.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Yep. I'll watch all of Parramatta's grades from 16's through to first grade and if I'm not doing anything I'll go and watch Wenty's Shield and RMC teams but I'll struggle to be interested in the full 80 of other teams.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep. I'll watch all of Parramatta's grades from 16's through to first grade and if I'm not doing anything I'll go and watch Wenty's Shield and RMC teams but I'll struggle to be interested in the full 80 of other teams.

I guess it shows that the product of Rugby league is $hit to most supporters if you can only take an interest in your own team. I have said it for a while its the 5 step shuffle and become a game of forcemens back. Kick tackle chase.
Bring back free flowing rugby league and people will watch more games!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts