What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Broncos

franklin2323

Immortal
seems our last 20mins we get lost for ideas in attack. Latu & TMM on to the bench would keep that going all game

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
I love the negativity. Always gives me a chuckle when I come home from the office. Guys, the sky isn't falling. We have a squad capable of getting on a winning streak. We could have won both our first two games. We didn't but that's life. We matched it against the two biggest packs in the NRL. Once Matty Moylan gets back and Segs after that so long as our spine can stay injury free, we'll go OK. But that's the key, for our spine to play games together.

Randy81

Juniors
I love the negativity. Always gives me a chuckle when I come home from the office. Guys, the sky isn't falling. We have a squad capable of getting on a winning streak. We could have won both our first two games. We didn't but that's life. We matched it against the two biggest packs in the NRL. Once Matty Moylan gets back and Segs after that so long as our spine can stay injury free, we'll go OK. But that's the key, for our spine to play games together.

Have to agree mate. I was actually pretty happy with the game vs dogs and thought we were unlucky. My attitude after the game was "wow we played really tough at against a massive pack, imagine how good we will go when moylan is back"....just hope my optimism is rewarded

The problem with this is that we will keep copping injury after injury. Our medical and fitness staff are incompetent and this is totally beyond doubt now, anyone still saying it's luck is a f**king moron.

betcats

Referee

Mate our spine is busted already it just keeps happening. If we could stay fit of course we could go on a run but we are always carrying a heavy injury toll.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Have to agree mate. I was actually pretty happy with the game vs dogs and thought we were unlucky. My attitude after the game was "wow we played really tough at against a massive pack, imagine how good we will go when moylan is back"....just hope my optimism is rewarded

Someone with a positive attitude? Mate you're in the wrong place here.....

Thought i was the only one..

ACTPanthers

Bench
This whole thing about 'negativity' is utterly stupid - After an 0-2 start, some fans are tipping we'll lose against a team that has had a 2-0 start..... Hardly being negative FFS - I'll be cheering the boys on win, lose or draw, but I think, given the starts both teams have had, we'll lose - I must be a shit fan.... :roll:

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
This whole thing about 'negativity' is utterly stupid - After an 0-2 start, some fans are tipping we'll lose against a team that has had a 2-0 start..... Hardly being negative FFS - I'll be cheering the boys on win, lose or draw, but I think, given the starts both teams have had, we'll lose - I must be a shit fan.... :roll:

Who said you are shit fan? must of missed it.

It's negativity in general, i'm not just talking about our 0-2 start.

We can all have opinions, this was just mine as i see it whilst lurking in the background.

Move on..

ACTPanthers

Bench
Who said you are shit fan? must of missed it.

It's negativity in general, i'm not just talking about our 0-2 start.

We can all have opinions, this was just mine as i see it whilst lurking in the background.

Move on..

It's the consensus here that if you don't think we'll win, you're a shit fan... It's always been like that

How can I move on when people keep bringing up the whole "so much negativity in here" bullshit?

MrBlack

Juniors
Always thought we would have a very slow start to the season, new coach and a few new players a new playing style.

What I have seen is fantastic go forward up the middle. We are making massive meters in each set, rarely kicking from our own half. We dominated one of the biggest (and more fancied) packs in the NRL in the dogs, and I saw great improvement in our attack from week 1 to 2. Would like to see a little more second phase play though....

Soward was back to his best last week and Wallace was actually quite good at hooker.

I think once we get our attack together and our spine in tact we can go on a good run of wins. (State of Origin period is looming and we will again be fairly un represented)

betcats

Referee
It is kind of hard to be optimistic as Penrith fan, we have about two good years a decade. We've rebuilding since 2011 and it feels like we have taken two or three steps backwards since 2014. We still have the same issues despite having a much better squad overall.

Yes we have been competitive this so far this year its not equating to wins and with our growing injury toll things are just going to get harder. Close enough isn't good enough anymore.

I don't want to keep harping on the halves because their are other issues but imo no other team in the comp would of been satisfied with Soward and Wallace as the first choice halves pairing given their collective age and injury issues. But hey we are supposed to lap it up because we almost won two games.

Even looking at the dogs game, yes we almost won which is good but the dogs played pretty poorly and still beat us. They made a lot of errors and gifted us a lot of ball and we couldn't capitalise, we had injury concerns during the game but so did they. We had more ball and made less tackles but we still managed to create less linebreaks by far and miss double the amount of tackles they did.

The Peachey at 5/8 selection is starting to look like Hooks election of Hoffman at 5/8 for the broncos, gifted ball runners with no idea how to organise or ball play like a half. Saturday will tell us a lot but if they just come out with the same 5 hitups and kick attacking game plan as the dogs game we are going nowhere fast.

Last edited:

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
The problem with this is that we will keep copping injury after injury. Our medical and fitness staff are incompetent and this is totally beyond doubt now, anyone still saying it's luck is a f**king moron.

Some of those injuries have been luck. Sustaining ACL injuries, high impact injuries in general like Matt Moylan's back issue, fractures and breaks, and general joint injuries (AC, hyper-extensions etc) are not the fault of the high performance/medical team. Only a moron would think those injuries are because of their training/fitness regimes.

But injuries like Jamie Soward's early last season where he came back only to find out he'd need an operation a few games in which derailed our season, general soft tissue injuries and especially the most recent one with Dean Whare's certainly are a result of incompetence.

I'm all for a change in our high-performance unit to get it up-to-date with modern methods. Anthony Griffin says he'll bring his own people in at the end of the season. I remember he brought in a bloke called Alex Corvo when he was at the Broncos and the guy had plenty of raps on him. He would be a good acquisition;

I can't post links (have only made 15 posts so far) but below is the address to an article about him. Copy it into your address bar and have a read;

foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/new-broncos-highperformance-boss-alex-corvo-can-save-anthony-griffins-job/story-e6frf3pc-1226818933088

franklin2323

Immortal
we probably have the easiest draw of all teams. If we can be 3 wins after the round 8 rep week bye then we can fly home & get top 4 still.

We can't just expect adding Moylan fixes all we had that backfire last year just expecting it too happen. So working on our attack is a must to keep improving as a side

Latest posts