What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Broncos

chrisD

Coach
If he's the best chance then he's the best chance. Waiting for ideal conditions to debut players is a terrible notion.

goosie

Juniors
JFH and Leilani Latu are a big chance to get a bench spot this week against the broncos according to Griffin.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Yeo to center, Peachey at 5/8, Rochow maybe being courted to go with Grevsmuhl coming.

And Broncos fans claimed Griffin was obsessed with having second rowers everywhere....

betcats

Referee
Who else should play centre if Waqa is out? Realistically there is only Rennings and he would get killed defensively down that side imo.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cleary loved it too. As did Matt Elliott. Most coaches seem to rate a quality second rowers ability to do a decent job in other positions.

I think Peachey would be a gun centre. Hes an awesome ball runner with space.

Fibroman

First Grade
Peachey has all the attributes to play centre, it would only be his defensive reads that could be an issue.

betcats

Referee
We aren't really going to use the Grevsmuhl signing as a negative are we? He is a great young player. Fair enough the reports of Rochow don't particularly excite anyone but I am stoked grevsmuhl is coming.

Who should we be signing? Our middle forward rotation looks pretty set for a while we don't really need to add anyone there with the recent additions plus JFH, Latu Kikau and Leota all coming through and even Oliver Clark looking like a good prospect. Same thing for our outside backs, we just brought in an international centre and people said it wasn't a good use of the salary cap. A great half would be good but we don't have that sort of money. The reality is our biggest need to add someone is probably the back row.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
No TMM this week according to Hook. We are sticking with Peach.

If they didn't name him I wouldn't expect the coach to come out two days later and confirm him as playing so there might still be some hope or maybe I am just desperate :sarcasm:.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If they didn't name him I wouldn't expect the coach to come out two days later and confirm him as playing so there might still be some hope or maybe I am just desperate :sarcasm:.

He's not named, coach says he's not playing.

But!!

Some douche on FB says he's a chance and that's what we are hanging out hopes on??

Frankus

Juniors
If he's the best chance then he's the best chance. Waiting for ideal conditions to debut players is a terrible notion.

Tell that to Paul Langmack and Rhys Hanbury.

He was one of the most talented halves prospects I'd seen until he came to Penrith in 2004. He was never the same player again.

mxlegend99

Referee
I am hoping Griffin has woken the f**k up and realised Peachey is not a 5/8ths asshole.
Soward and Peachey are better than Wallace and Soward though.

Soward is so much better when he's the halfback and chief playmaker. Peachey just needs to take the line on and draw defenders in to create space outside him. Moylan is great at this. If he can do this he will be great in the halves. Just might not be as easy to get that pass to stick.

If he plays there for a few weeks he will get better at that stuff.

betcats

Referee
Soward and Peachey are better than Wallace and Soward though.

Soward is so much better when he's the halfback and chief playmaker. Peachey just needs to take the line on and draw defenders in to create space outside him. Moylan is great at this. If he can do this he will be great in the halves. Just might not be as easy to get that pass to stick.

If he plays there for a few weeks he will get better at that stuff.

I disagree tbh. Id rather Soward and Wallace.

Have you ever seen peachey go to the line and draw defenders and then pass outside him? Its not part of his game, it sounds simple but the reality is there are not many players who are good at that. If we had two halves that could go to the line and draw defenders in and then get the ball out wide we would be laughing. Peachey is a ball runner, he has some skills but that doesn't make him a ball player. I am a big fan of Peachey but he should not be playing in the halves.

As you have touched on the thing that makes Moylan so dangerous is his ability to go to the line and hold the ball up and freeze or draw defenders in and then make the right pass, it is a rare skill and I doubt peachey is going to just pick it up.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
1 DWZ
2 Hiku
3 Yeo
4 Blake
5 Mansour
6 Peachey
7 Soward
8 Sam
9 Wallace
10 RGC
11 Taylor
12 Bryce
13 Merrin

14 TMM
15 Matagi
16 JFH/Latu
17 Latimore

Thats the team id go with. Smith has attack but turnstyle in defense. Putting Yeo atleast gives you a defensive style.
Starting with Peachey and having TMM on the bench. But do not leave it too long to bring him on. When first forward has a change Peachey can move into 2nd row and merrin into front for a bit !

Pomoz

Bench
I disagree tbh. Id rather Soward and Wallace.

Have you ever seen peachey go to the line and draw defenders and then pass outside him? Its not part of his game, it sounds simple but the reality is there are not many players who are good at that. If we had two halves that could go to the line and draw defenders in and then get the ball out wide we would be laughing. Peachey is a ball runner, he has some skills but that doesn't make him a ball player. I am a big fan of Peachey but he should not be playing in the halves.

As you have touched on the thing that makes Moylan so dangerous is his ability to go to the line and hold the ball up and freeze or draw defenders in and then make the right pass, it is a rare skill and I doubt peachey is going to just pick it up.
Plus one. If ball playing was easy to come by, Thurston and Cronk wouldn't get the big bucks. Speedsters like Jennings would be taught how to do it and with their natural speed and evasiveness would be the best thing since sliced bread.

Last night, the Cowboys showed us what ball playing is about. They just put the ball through lots of sets of hands but it was the ball players, Thurston, Morgan and Coote who drew their players and put men into space to create tries.

Peachey's first instinct is to run and beat his man. Nothing wrong with that, he is good at it, but he is not a ball player.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
No TMM this week according to Hook. We are sticking with Peach.

He didn't say TMM wasn't playing just Peachey was playing 5/8th. He could be off the bench. Didn't he say last week Whare wasn't playing & Peachey was playing hooker?

Betcats is right late changes mean we won't know til NSW Cup even if Latu's in or not