What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Since my only way of watching games is a legal stream, my picture quality isn't good. What are the logos on the back of the Penrith jerseys, just below the collar?

Are they all of the logos the club has used since they started?

thorson1987

Coach
Since my only way of watching games is a legal stream, my picture quality isn't good. What are the logos on the back of the Penrith jerseys, just below the collar?

Are they all of the logos the club has used since they started?

Yep.

splash_panthers.png

thorson1987

Coach
City vs Country jerseys

59641-city-origin-2016-mens-indigenous-jersey-740.jpg

59640-city-origin-2016-mens-indigenous-jersey-740.jpg

Designed by Daren Dunn of the Gamilaroi People, this limited edition City Origin Indigenous Jersey is the perfect way to showcase your support as the boys take to the field in Tamworth for the 2016 City v Country Round.

Front and back of the jersey:
The jersey is named "Wallay" which means 'meeting' in Gamilaroi language. "Wallay" acknowledges and honours the sacred sites and unique history of the ancient Gamilaroi Country and pays respect to the families and communities who live and meet in these places. Manilla, Barraba, Bendemeer and Burrabeedee are the main meeting places represented in the design.

The Sand Goanna Totem is featured on the back of the jersey and is called "Thuli". He is the leader of the Gamilaroi Clans and is a protective guardian. May be cover your back as you walk and play on this land. May you wear him with confidence and pride.

They are significant sites where International Koori artist Daren Dunn comes from and he paints these as a symbol of welcome and good will for the City team for positive engagement and journey in these lands.

The Sleeves:
The shoulders of the sleeves represent the past and present Aboriginal educators and respectable leaders sitting down on country. The leaders are gathered in ceremony, are wearing red, and are painted with white body ochre.

59644-country-origin-2016-mens-indigenous-jersey-740.jpg

59645-country-origin-2016-mens-indigenous-jersey-740.jpg

Designed by Daren Dunn of the Gamilaroi People, this limited edition Country Origin Indigenous Jersey is the perfect way to showcase your support as the boys take to the field in Tamworth for the 2016 City v Country Round.

The two main aspects that feature on this jersey are:
Three significant river sites from the Tamworth Gamilaroi area (Peel, Namoi and Gwydir Rivers)
The traditional animal totem of this area, the kangaroo, which is known in local language as "Bandaar".
The side panels:
The design represents "Shake a leg", a Welcome dance from the local traditional people of the Goonoo Goono, Gunnedah Manilla and Moonbi clans. The Hands represent all Indigenous and non Indigenous "Australians" coming together as one nation.

The back of the jersey:
The 3 kangaroos on the back pay respect to our past, present and future elders. The white, red and yellow dots are the body ochres which were and still are today worn in ceremonial Dance-coorobeerees around the Gamilaroi Country.

The 2 kangaroos on the front represent a gathering ceremony of Indigenous and non Indigenous people coming together as one in a ceremony of respect and harmony as "One Culture".

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure having an aboriginal inspired jersey with a big beer sponsor on it is very appropriate? Nice design though.

Has there ever been a more cluttered kit than this panthers one? It's covered in stuff.

Saint Doc

Coach
I don't think the dogs have a white short option. For me there was enough white on the dogs jersey to not get confused

Not so much about getting confused. The yellow just makes for a better contrast / more enjoyable watch

This is much easier on the eye:

1458334432642.jpg

Than this:

2015Mar12040350_453640264.jpg

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I recall it being that maroon was associated with Queensland too much?

Pity - white jerseys are so boring. It was a nice contrast with City too.

Prometheus

Juniors
57581456-city-captain-craig-gower-and-country-captain-gettyimages.jpg

Back in the day...

That is so much better than what they use these days.

Regardless of what Queensland wear, Maroon and Gold are the Country Rugby League's colours. They shouldn't be relegated to being highlights on an otherwise white jersey.

Latest posts