What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
Can you imagine clubs would be low balling us for players right now. How the f**k we supposed to get under the cap now?????

hybrideel

Bench
We can't compare to the Warriors situation as theirs seemed more a f*&k up than deceit. If what the NRL statement says is true and the club payed players directly outside of the cap then it has to be put in the same field as the storm and bulldogs

strider

Post Whore
I look forward to the NRL doing "the most comprehensive investigation" of every other club

Swiftstylez

Bench
LOL 570, 000 OVER, with the player in question not even playing, given essentially the same penalty as the Storm.

THIS SEEMS FAIR LOL

Then again even their judiciary system is corrupt so who is surprised?

Kornstar

Coach
The NRL have been leaking from day one of the investigation. Who will hold them accountable for having loose lips?

We deserve everything we get, it was obvious from the beginning that our management and board were doing dodgy dealings so we must be punished.

I'm not even mad or upset tbh. I am used to us being shit so another spoon doesn't mean much.

The next lot will do the exact same thing because they will be of the quality of the last 2 regimes because voting members will vote for the Riddell's, Grothe's etc.

I find it odd that they refer to preliminary findings. That means we have a right of reply and if we prove them wrong won't the NRL look stupid? What 400k of the TPA's are in fact proven not to be against the rules, will the points deduction be reduced to say 6 points?

I'm not for a moment suggesting that anything will be overturned, I just found the wording of preliminary unusual in that they have already deducted the points and have given us 9 days to be cap compliant.

Delboy

First Grade
The shredders, IT geeks and suppliers are hard at work at all other clubs

Just got a heads up from th NRL, that only leaks from former employees will result in an investigation, so now go and destroy all records and you will be fine. What a disgrace

Swiftstylez

Bench
Hayne is the smartest player in the history of the NRL for getting out of this corrupt code and club. Foran is the most unfortunate for having his clauses denied.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So as per comment from Emcee we are probably over the cap this year as TPA have been included. Potentially this gives cause for us having our points deducted and supported by the NRL's comment that we can pay for points once we are unde the cap.

What the club / lawyers really need to do is focus on building a good case for why we aren't over the cap for this year ( e.g. TPA shouldn't be included ). This may help in reducing the 12 point penalty.

hybrideel

Bench
Also given 28 point is the magical number then we would need to shed $570k worth of talent by the end of round 12 at the latest, and then win the last 14 games straight. Not impossible but near enough to it. Time to start preparing for next season.
And if what has been released by the NRL is proven to be true then everyone involved in the deceitful acts needs to be removed from the club. That included any board members, staff, coaches, players and managers.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Sharp. We shouldn't have been over for this year, what a joke he is.

Bring on the Souffs game -there will be a massive crowd to support the team.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the NRL can get f**ked

this competition is a farce and they only care about a few clubs

time to cancel Foxtel

IFR33K

Coach
We can't compare to the Warriors situation as theirs seemed more a f*&k up than deceit. If what the NRL statement says is true and the club payed players directly outside of the cap then it has to be put in the same field as the storm and bulldogs

Deceit or accident, the amounts are similar dollar for dollar. In term of percentages, I dare say theirs would be way more, as the cap was lower back then.

A more sufficient penalty would of been 4 points, a fine and removal of all board members. The only thing the NRL has done now is punish the players coach and fans. There's no coming back from this in 2016. Our season is wiped out, unless we appeal.

Kornstar

Coach
Deceit or accident, the amounts are similar dollar for dollar. In term of percentages, I dare say theirs would be way more, as the cap was lower back then.

A more sufficient penalty would of been 4 points, a fine and removal of all board members. The only thing the NRL has done now is punish the players coach and fans. There's no coming back from this in 2016. Our season is wiped out, unless we appeal.

Disagree. He said we had been over the cap 5 of the last 6 years so therefore they had to do something to stop the bullshit that the club is doing.

whall15

Coach
My greater concern is that they're going to include the TPAs in our cap for future seasons as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts