What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
Disagree. He said we had been over the cap 5 of the last 6 years so therefore they had to do something to stop the bullshit that the club is doing.

Many clubs go over the cap. All unintentionally. Playing second tier players, injuries all play a role. What does the previous 6 years have to do with 2016. It was all under a different admin and coach/es.

saints4me

Juniors
Really feel for you guys and girls. You are a proud bunch and I've never met a Parra supporter I haven't liked.
I wish you well!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Deceit or accident, the amounts are similar dollar for dollar. In term of percentages, I dare say theirs would be way more, as the cap was lower back then.

A more sufficient penalty would of been 4 points, a fine and removal of all board members. The only thing the NRL has done now is punish the players coach and fans. There's no coming back from this in 2016. Our season is wiped out, unless we appeal.

Don't think our season is wiped out yet. It will be difficult but we until we can't make Semi's, BA won't give up. I reckon we can win 12 from our last 15. We can do it!! With a big f**k you to the leakers!!

Chipmunk

Coach
So as per comment from Emcee we are probably over the cap this year as TPA have been included. Potentially this gives cause for us having our points deducted and supported by the NRL's comment that we can pay for points once we are unde the cap.

What the club / lawyers really need to do is focus on building a good case for why we aren't over the cap for this year ( e.g. TPA shouldn't be included ). This may help in reducing the 12 point penalty.

Exactly, to just decide now that TPAs should be included in our cap should be the basis of any legal challenge.

Forget a 12 point penalty, if we could prove in a court of law that TPAs should not be considered part our salary cap, there would be zero points deduction, because I'm guessing that we have lost all of our points because the team that took the field and won was not salary cap compliant.

Also, I'd argue that Watmough is waiting on an insurance claim and Morgan left last week, so this would reduce any amount over the cap surely?

As I said earlier, this is really just the beginning.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Don't think our season is wiped out yet. It will be difficult but we until we can't make Semi's, BA won't give up. I reckon we can win 12 from our last 15. We can do it!! With a big f**k you to the leakers!!

Don't be an NRL puppet lol. This was designed to enable us to not make the finals but give a glimmer of hope to the loyals that will still pour money and viewership in regardless. It's essentially the same penalty given to the Storm for a crime not nearly as bad wrapped in a nicer gift box.

IFR33K

Coach

It's gone mate. You think one club has 500 k spare to sign a player. We will need to realease multiple players. And I dare say we will be paying them next year too. Bring on the dark days of 2011-2013.

Our only way out is right to appeal. Like I've said before, maybe the watmough saga can help us out.

Chipmunk

Coach
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Sharp. We shouldn't have been over for this year, what a joke he is.

Bring on the Souffs game -there will be a massive crowd to support the team.

I'd say that until this morning, and the determination that all our TPA's have to be included in the cap, that we were not over the salary cap.

hybrideel

Bench

it's only 12 from 15 if we shed $570k of roster before our next game

whall15

Coach
It's gone mate. You think one club has 500 k spare to sign a player. We will need to realease multiple players. And I dare say we will be paying them next year too. Bring on the dark days of 2011-2013

I'd prefer to wear zero points this season than go back to that.

Ok, so if Watmough gets his insurance, does the cap exclusion become retrospective to the time of his injury?

If so, when was that? January?

If so, that's 1/4 of Watmough's salary that's included in the cap, 3/4 excluded (contracts begin in November, right?). If Watmough is on $800,000 then that's a $600,000 exclusion.

If this is the case then we've been cap compliant since the time of the injury - January. Which means we have not competed at all in 2016 while over the cap.

Thanks, NRL. I'll take that 9s title and those 12 points back. Cheers.

Chipmunk

Coach
Deceit or accident, the amounts are similar dollar for dollar. In term of percentages, I dare say theirs would be way more, as the cap was lower back then.

A more sufficient penalty would of been 4 points, a fine and removal of all board members. The only thing the NRL has done now is punish the players coach and fans. There's no coming back from this in 2016. Our season is wiped out, unless we appeal.

Mate, this is surely just the beginning...I can see this being an ongoing battle for the remainder of the season, irrespective of who is on the so-called board.

forward pass

Coach
So the last 5 or so press releases from the chairman stated the club was fully co-operating with the NRL investigation - the NRL statement says they did not provide information when given the opportunity.

IFR33K

Coach
Ok, so if Watmough gets his insurance, does the cap exclusion become retrospective to the time of his injury?

If so, when was that? January?

If so, that's 1/4 of Watmough's salary that's included in the cap, 3/4 excluded (contracts begin in November, right?). If Watmough is on $800,000 then that's a $600,000 exclusion.

If this is the case then we've been cap compliant since the time of the injury - January. Which means we have not competed at all in 2016 while over the cap.

Thanks, NRL. I'll take that 9s title and those 12 points back. Cheers.

That's what I've been trying to say. We've known long before the season started watmough is trying to seek his insurance money and retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.