What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I like how Schoey talks about "we" when he talks about the Eels, I think he thinks he is one of us now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I really dont want to go to be with that vision in my head

emjaycee

Coach
So don't keep us in suspenders tell us.

All I will do is repeat what I said last week which was that there are a couple of things that may help us get under the cap limit that are laughable - by that I mean laughable that they even occurred.

One of them is public knowledge and that is that we didn't start at the limit of the cap when our TPA's were added. We were below the cap which I heard last Wednesday the NRL hadn't taken into account.

The other one is not public knowledge and I am not about it to make it so.

IFR33K

Coach
All I will do is repeat what I said last week which was that there are a couple of things that may help us get under the cap limit that are laughable - by that I mean laughable that they even occurred.

One of them is public knowledge and that is that we didn't start at the limit of the cap when our TPA's were added. We were below the cap which I heard last Wednesday the NRL hadn't taken into account.

The other one is not public knowledge and I am not about it to make it so.

Has shoebox mentioned the last point to the NRL yet???? Or is it the Ol ace up the sleave trick??

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
Telegraph reporting that watmough's retirement will be accepted but we'll still be short and need to offload one player....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I have heard some stuff about some things, but I am not about to make it public on here. Needless to say it is very important stuff that only important people find out about.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/c6a3c8a9538e6a8bf8b0ab65c00bf5c6

Parramatta Eels must offload one more player to fit under salary cap before Friday’s game with Rabbitohs
18 minutes ago
Christian NicolussiThe Daily Telegraph

PARRAMATTA will have to offload one more player to fit under the salary cap and be free to play for competition points against South Sydney on Friday night.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Anthony Watmough’s potential retirement payout, along with Ryan Morgan’s recent move to Melbourne, still looks set to leave the Eels short of the $570,000 they must shed to be salary cap compliant.

Eels consultant Ian Schubert met with the NRL on Monday and emerged two-and-a-half hours later to declare Parramatta would be salary cap compliant by Friday’s game.

“Most certainly the club will be cap compliant. We’ll have a full capacity on Friday night and we’ll be playing for points,” he said.

Schubert unsuccessfully argued the $570,000 the Eels had exceeded the cap was an inflated figure.

He will now come back to the NRL with a final proposal, as early as Tuesday, but more likely Wednesday, as to how the Eels will make it work.

While Morgan’s move south knocked off $70,000 from the Eels’ cap, the sticking point remains Watmough’s mega deal and how far his payout is backdated.

If Watmough was paid out from the start of the year, the Eels would become cap compliant.

But Watmough was still training with the Eels until suffering a knee injury in February, and documents for his enforced retirement were not officially lodged by the club with the NRL until last week, just after they were hit hard for their cap breaches.

It’s believed Watmough’s payout will wipe between $400,000 and $450,000 from the cap, which will still leave the Eels with a shortfall. That will determine whether the Eels need to release a top-line star or a second-tier player.

The club will not only need to identify that player, but also secure them a suitable home by Friday’s deadline, the same day the club host South Sydney at a packed Pirtek Stadium.

“There’s a number of options we have to consider,” a source close to the Eels said.

Schubert refused to discuss specifically about his meeting with former understudy L’Oste and Weeks.

“The club’s very confident we can get to where we need to be for this weekend,” he said.

“We’ve got a little bit of homework to do, throw some numbers up in the air and see what happens. It’s a matter of understanding where the NRL comes from as much the NRL’s understanding of where the clubs come from and the difficulty of trying to manage the cap.”
Consultant Ian Schubert will meetwith the NRL again this week to sort the situation.

Meanwhile, Tim Mannah will be ruled out of Friday night’s game with an ongoing shoulder injury. But, barnstorming backrower Tepai Moeroa will come back into the side after missing the last-start win over Canterbury on April 29.

The Eels are still without captain Keiran Foran, who is still seeking treatment for personal issues following a relationship breakdown.

Centre Brad Takairangi filled in admirably in the Eels’ 20-12 round-nine victory

Gronk

Staff member
I have heard some stuff about some things, but I am not about to make it public on here. Needless to say it is very important stuff that only important people find out about.

Thanks for the update mate. :thumn

strider

Post Whore

If its that gary gutful is a massive galoot then yeah i heard that too

Status
Not open for further replies.