What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starspangledbanner

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Starspangledbanner Back to Coolmore Australia..

http://www.breednet.com.au/news/122194/Starspangledbanner-Back-to-Coolmore-Australia

Breednet - Media Release - Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Champion Sprinter Starspangledbanner will return to Coolmore Australia for the 2016 season having stood the last three southern hemisphere seasons at Rosemont Stud in Victoria where he was also foaled and raised.

"Last season Anthony Mithen told us that Starspangledbanner’s fertility had improved significantly to the point where he had over 50 mares in foal so we decided to shuttle him to Ireland,” explained Tom Magnier.

"Up there he has exceeded all expectations with 50 mares already in foal and his fertility is excellent. All the experts are literally dumbfounded. We are extremely grateful to Anthony and all his staff and vets at Rosemont Stud for doing such a fine job with the horse.”

Starspangledbanner’s first crop in Australasia yielded 13 winners from 19 runners including Group III Blue Diamond Prelude winner Of The Brave. Yearlings from his second southern hemisphere crop realised up to $540,000 at the sales in 2016.

In Europe, Starspangledbanner sired the winners of the highest-profile 2-year-old races at Royal Ascot for both colts and fillies from his first crop of just 33 foals.

The Wow Signal landed the 1200m Coventry Stakes (Group 2) before adding the 1200m Prix Morny (Group 1) later in the season while Anthem Alexander defeated subsequent European Champion 2YO Filly Tiggy Wiggy to win the 1000m Queen Mary Stakes (Group 2).

News from Coolmore

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Spangled back in form the other night in the UK with a 3 length win at Liecester,if she one pops up at Ropyal Ascot somewhere at big odds she will be worth a tenner,not a bad mare at all tbh.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Hard fought win by Home of the Brave,looked like a few one them would run right past him but he has plenty of heart,not sure where he goes from here,hard to place 1400m horses in Europe.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
If Home Of The Brave doesn't run in the first two it will be because Godolphin bought him and jinxed him.

:lol:

Hard fought win by Home of the Brave,looked like a few one them would run right past him but he has plenty of heart,not sure where he goes from here,hard to place 1400m horses in Europe.

Big win.. They came at it, but he was waay too strong in the last furlong..

"There is a Grade One at Saratoga in June for him, beyond that there's the Keeneland Mile and the Breeders' Cup Mile."Over here there are a few seven-furlong races, but all within a few weeks of each other so you have to aim at one. Then there's the Foret, but that's usually on soft ground"

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/report/724850/brave-performance-at-haydock

Get it over here for the All Aged, Futurity & Straddie..

He'll probably get a mile over here, with our flatter tracks, so then The Donny becomes an option..

:cool:

This horse always reminds me of when Cindy Lauper sang the US anthem on The Simpsons

:lol: Now i can't get that out of my melon..:D

WaznTheGreat

Referee
:lol:

Big win.. They came at it, but he was waay too strong in the last furlong..

Get it over here for the All Aged, Futurity & Straddie..

He'll probably get a mile over here, with our flatter tracks, so then The Donny becomes an option.

:lol: Now i can't get that out of my melon..:D

100% :thumb

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Surfin' Safari in tomorrow Rosehill R6 N4..

It's been going like a busted on the dry tracks, but is 3 starts for 2 wins & a 3rd on the heavy..

$26 fixed odds ATM, i just had a dabble..

Latest posts