What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah i feel a bit sorry for choc ending his career this way

I'm sure we intended to give him a proper send off later in the year. Maybe bring him back for one last appearance.

Anyway I really feel for Choc. I'd hate to be in his shoes, the unfortunate bastard.

phantom eel

First Grade
This may sound a bit petty but it's a disgrace that the club have not made an official announcement regarding choc..

In my opinion this should of been made before the cap compliance MR
A disgrace! Given that what's left of the club's employed and elected hierarchy might have been a bit busy this week getting us under the cap...
To be fair with no CEO / GM of footy / Chairman / 2 directors down, there aren't many around to take charge.

But surely the current active board should have put some interim measures in place.
Agree, if they hadn't done this before we got the all clear st 4:30, they should be doing so right now.

phantom eel

First Grade
I wonder if we try to sign peats for 2018

I would imagine that's very much on the cards... Pritchard isn't ready and I presume De Gois will now be offered a one year extension. By 2018 Peats could well be an origin quality hooker, and may be keen to return to a club that will be a premiership force? If Pritchard doesn't develop into a better investment during the next 12 months for our future spine, the second year of his extension in 2018 might be spent shopping around.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm sure we could've offered him something. Just not as much as he wanted us to offer him. Especially if we have to give Norman as much as he wants.

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm sure we intended to give him a proper send off later in the year. Maybe bring him back for one last appearance.

Anyway I really feel for Choc. I'd hate to be in his shoes, the unfortunate bastard.

DO you reckon we can let them both be in the GF photo when we hold up the winfield cup?

SlrCunj.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
Exactly right. Seems he's stoked that he jas a job in 2017 with a pay rise.

Disappointed but phylisophical. Quality human.

forward pass

Coach
What would have been demoralising for everyone, especially the players, would be to be on zero points on the ladder running stone motherless.

At least by the time the points are taken off us, we will have won a few games and may not even drop to last place. Happy days.

^b0ss^

Juniors
Well to lose peats and morgan isnt a massive loss,considering all the bullshit that has gone on.Its far from fair but i can live with it.

Looking forward to playing for points and kicking some ass.Least its over now,i can now go back to cheering for the players not wondering if we are over the cap anymore.

Noise

Coach
If we couldn't offer Peats anything, doesn't that mean we also can't offer Norman anything?

No. I'm guessing BA thinks Norman is higher priority than Peats for 2017 so has allocated a certain amount of coin for norman with not much left for peats

hybrideel

Bench
I just hope we have enough to have a top 8 side next year.

I think that will completely depend on how well we argue the validity of a lot of the current TPA's. If all next years contracted players TPA's are included in the cap it will make it a lot harder to fit any new ones in or even sign who we have off this year

Gronk

Staff member
btw Sam Ayoub was on ABC radio tonight (Peats Manager). He said the Geordi Peats lives on Gold Coast.

phantom eel

First Grade
Free accommodation for Nathan, if he wants his family to stay down here ahead of a return to Sydney in Nov 2017...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts