What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stagger eel

Staff member
Heard whispers about this over the weekend... He would be an absolute demon... Can't wait to see him in our colours

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Choc was a better player in his prime but for our club I think Scott was better, and not just value-wise. Scott's contribution isn't adequately covered by stats IMO. His defense cut off opportunities for opposing teams but was also inspiring. Choc was a workhorse with us. You need them too, and no doubt his toughness inspired others, but I don't think it was on the same level as Scott's.
No YOU ARE WRONG!!! It's allllllllll about the stats!!!!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, he goes OK. If Vave is the other one he'll need one of those "best preseasons ever".

I liked him when he played against us, he seems to have a good offload and anticipation but yeh, needs to get to Weight watchers in the off season.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Of course it wasn't. Scott's defence is phenomenal (in the middle at least), but Watmough's was very good. The difference is Watmough's attack was good while Scott's has been poor.
Watmoughs stats for a starting middle forward were average at best. I'll agree that Scotts run metres are low but that's probably due to us having a very good attacking edge forward in Mau.

Happy MEel

First Grade
His performances at Parra were proven by his statistics.

If you disagree with NRL coaches that stats are relevant and useful there's no convincing you. But at least I have some support for my opinion.
Says who? Have you asked BA who he thinks has contributed more? Perhaps he thinks the better defence (statistically) equals more contribution. Perhaps he has told Scott to be selective with his runs to increase the liklihood of an effective offload, executing the coach's gameplan perfectly. Stop making sh*t up to stroke your ego.

Stevie

Bench
Heard whispers about this over the weekend... He would be an absolute demon... Can't wait to see him in our colours

I have been really down the last couple of weeks re Parra but if this is true then I really think he is an outstanding signing. I was only saying the other day he is becoming my most hated grub in the NRL. But if true he will be OUR grub hahaha.
Watching him last night his effort and tempo is outstanding. He is the kind of player I actually think Terepo could be if he could hang on to the ball. Big impact, hits hard in attack and defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Watmoughs stats for a starting middle forward were average at best. I'll agree that Scotts run metres are low but that's probably due to us having a very good attacking edge forward in Mau.
Moeroa and Edwards have run more metres on the edges as well. And since Scott moved into the middle we have about six or seven middle forwards who get the carry ahead of Scott.

Why can't you just accept that Scott is in the team for his defence? Most of our (low scoring) team run the ball better than he does.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I have been really down the last couple of weeks re Parra but if this is true then I really think he is an outstanding signing. I was only saying the other day he is becoming my most hated grub in the NRL. But if true he will be OUR grub hahaha.
Watching him last night his effort and tempo is outstanding. He is the kind of player I actually think Terepo could be if he could hang on to the ball. Big impact, hits hard in attack and defence.
He is twice the player Terepo is, just on (footy) brains and skill alone.

Nathan Brown was good again last night for Rabbitohs, one of thier best.
If we have signed him then that will be one of our best signings for years, he's young, got plenty of mongrel in him, runs hard, has a off load and tackles harder than a sherman tank.

strider

Post Whore
I dont think Brown did much in that fight ... 3 canberra players held him while the blonde canberra dude took pot shots at him - too right he was pissed off!!

Latest posts