What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

Curns13

Juniors
In the Grand Final we had Clark and Tom Burgess on the interchange. We should have at least 2 props on the interchange every game. A lot of the middle forwards got injured this year, and that often happens with the middle forwards. Brown and the twins would definitely be in the 17. We wouldn't have $600,000 worth of front rowers playing NSW Cup. Musgrove wouldn't be on much, and I'm not saying the extra prop would have to be on that much. I'm not sure where you get 20 mins per game because it should be more than that. If we don't have any good backup props then we will be screwed again. It's a long season and it's not that uncommon to have 2 or 3 props injured at the same time.
If you count Clark as a prop (which I don't), then we already have 5 props under contract. Who is coming over as the 6th prop to play minutes only when we have 2 front rowers injured?

DiegoNT

First Grade
If you count Clark as a prop (which I don't), then we already have 5 props under contract. Who is coming over as the 6th prop to play minutes only when we have 2 front rowers injured?
Clark has been a part of the prop rotation for years. Our prop rotation in the grand final was george and tyrell starting, tom and clark on the bench. With Sam we have had a 5 man middle rotation. With sam being able to play big minutes it's provided flexibility. In the past when clark was a bit smaller he'd play lock and sam would play prop, but with clark bulking up a bit, and prop and lock being pretty much interchangeable nowdays it doesn't matter so much. So if you look at it as a middle forward rotation instead of a prop rotation, we need 5 middle forwards ( atm 3 burgess brothers starting, brown and clark bench) plus Musgrove and tyrrell depth. If depth gets really thin, we have no younger players to stand up and things get desperate you could move a smaller defensive minded 80 minute player (turner or mcinnes) to lock, move sam to number 8 and go with a 4 big man rotation. I think we have depth covered in the middle forwards, and through the high wages for the burgess brothers we already spend to much of our cap in that department.

On Jason Clark no other clubs wanted him.

Just saying.

Rubbish.

At one point this year he was very close to signing with the Tigers. The Dragons have also been chasing him.

Have you ever considered that the thoughts you have about a players ability may be only your thoughts and not necessarily reflective of the rest of the world?

You seem to label a lot of blokes as duds when they really actually aren't.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rubbish.

At one point this year he was very close to signing with the Tigers. The Dragons have also been chasing him.

Have you ever considered that the thoughts you have about a players ability may be only your thoughts and not necessarily reflective of the rest of the world?

You seem to label a lot of blokes as duds when they really actually aren't.
It's just what fox sports were reporting.

That's what makes this forum great, we all have different views.

Imo Tyrrell, Nielsen, Oldfield, Cam are the obvious duds.

At least 2 of them won't be with us next season too.

Good to see Richo giving us a mini clean out.

Galeforce

Bench
I see Gray and Goodwin as backup backs who should spend more time at Norths , if we are really going to make a charge for a premiership in 2017. Goodwin could not crack our side when we charged to finals in 2014.

Need to see a big fast winger like Joe Burgess ( with improved hands , if he does not stay) and similar bigger bruising centre to partner Hunt.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Goodwin at centre or not in the side at all. Too slow for the wing but is a solid out and out centre. Only guarantees for the backline are GI, AJ and Hunt imo.

Also Vaughan would be a great pickup but we still need to re-sign Musgrove, Brown, Hunt and Talakai I believe.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Goodwin at centre or not in the side at all. Too slow for the wing but is a solid out and out centre. Only guarantees for the backline are GI, AJ and Hunt imo.

Also Vaughan would be a great pickup but we still need to re-sign Musgrove, Brown, Hunt and Talakai I believe.
Agreed on Vaughan. Im confident the Musgrove, Brown and Hunt will be resigned. Talakai might get squeezed? Who knows

Rabbits20

Immortal

Everyone on here except me at the start of this season said BRYSON would be starting in round 1 and he did.

I predict the same for next season.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Everyone on here except me at the start of this season said BRYSON would be starting in round 1 and he did.

I predict the same for next season.
Everyone but you predicted Bryson would be starting in rd 1, and he did. So you were wrong?

I predict you'll keep coming up with B.S next season as well.

alien

Referee

Nar I'd rather Clark is used as a backrower off the interchange, but if one or more props are injured during the game, we know he can play prop, so he is handy. I was just showing how Madge made sure he had at least 2 players on the interchange who could play prop, and that it's necessary.

Rsag85

Bench
NRL Rumours, Signings + News!!!!!

LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE!!

LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, COMMENT, COMMENT, SHARE, SHARE

- The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs are set to announce the signing of Cronulla Sharks under 20s forward Justin Timu for season 2017 and beyond.....

- Fox Sports reported today that the Parramatta Eels have announced the re-signing of forward Danny Wicks & utility player Kenny Edwards for a further year!!!!

- Also today Fox Sports market watch revealed that the Dragons have re-signed utility Jake Marketo for a further year.....

- The Manly Sea Eagles are interested in signing both Akuila Uate and James Roberts from the Brisbane Broncos who according to rumours is unhappy at the Broncos!!!.....Israel Folau to the Broncos????

- The Newcastle Knights may also release Korbin Sims to save some $ for season 2017 as they target some experienced players for next season. Hearing the club will announce the signing Canberra Raiders veteran Shaun Fensom for season 2017!!!!.

- Looks like David Mead will reject the Manly SeaEagles and the South Sydney Rabbitohs as he is set to depart from the NRL and join Rugby Union according to Fox Sports...

- According to the latest rumours the South Sydney Rabbitohs are interested in signing ex NRL player Jamal Idris who hasn't played rugby league in over a year. He does want to return to the NRL though.!!!

- Some news earlier today revealed that Brisbane Broncos enforcer Matt Gillett is being chased heavily by the NZ Warriors but what i am hearing is he WILL re-sign with the club....

- A couple of Sydney clubs are interested in signing Daniel Mortimer from the GC Titans...

- Rumour: Steve Matai set to retire????

- The Gold Coast Titans are set to announce the re-signing of utility Chris McQueen very shortly!!!