What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Just watched KOE highlights, they just came out. Holy smokes the Finau bros are insane. Sione's acceleration to the corner for his first corner is something we have not seen from a SINGLE WINGER bar BMoz lol. Nene was fast but couldn't accelerate like Sione. Haele is a little mastermind, reminds me a lot of Koroisau on his day. The Feagai twins also looked good??

TheRev

First Grade
Rly wish we recruited a couple of goalkickers, I would setting for a bog average winger or some such just to have a sharpshooter in the various grades.. its a bit of a thing across the grades for us... makes winning so much harder.

Great win today though to kick on after a tough first half, MaxF with some rly nice touches which tbh I havent seen in yonks.. and that try before halftime was special. Both the dogs tries were BS also.. 1 was Tamale throwing the ball back for some bizarre reason right into a dogs players hands.. and the other was a ball bouncing off the goalpost.

Highlights:

TheRev

First Grade
I'm not huge on HFinau, but if you want a "dedicated 14" he could probably do it, but I wouldnt be chewing up a precious Top30+6 spot for him either.. I dont know what the answer is for our 14 tbh.. even if Bird wasnt injured I think he would struggle to throw passes off the ground.. as he struggles to do it standing.

Gippsy

Bench
I'm not huge on HFinau, but if you want a "dedicated 14" he could probably do it, but I wouldnt be chewing up a precious Top30+6 spot for him either.. I dont know what the answer is for our 14 tbh.. even if Bird wasnt injured I think he would struggle to throw passes off the ground.. as he struggles to do it standing.
I think Flanagans our 14. We just need to find a 6.

hook hook

Juniors
i think H Finau is the most naturally talented hooker at the club. He was an absolute gun junior, and that’s coming from a Jacob liddle fan. I just think, like most of our young players he has had poor coaching at the dragons

To come back against the second top side and then run away with it shows there is some serious talent in this Flegg side. The inclusion of Saints Ball premier players Loko Jnr, Latu, Williams, Stanley -Traill, plus Steeler LKT has clearly added impact and attitude to a outfit that was getting into a habit of starting games well but finishing with a whimper...

Last edited:
Sounds like it was a great game to watch from our viewpoint so what a bummer that we are unable to see any more than a few piddling mins of each game. A bloody joke. :mad: Myself and a few members on a smaller league forum have petitioned our club for something similar to Bunnies TV that offers their fans a free stream of all their home games in all grades. We need a bigger voice from those here who like the idea.

Last edited:
Diminutive half Ashton Ward is proving to be a handy game manager of this Flegg side while his regular partner Nick Quinn is developing into a more than useful utility. Seems that when these two and f/b Ben Rumble fire so does the team. With a stronger engine room and the injection of a few more Ball outside backs such as Te Moananui, TPH, Brandon Tikanau and David Afu next season, this grade is going places...

Last edited:

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Sounds like it was a great game to watch from our viewpoint so what a bummer that we are unable to see any more than a few piddling mins of each game. A bloody joke. :mad: Myself and a few members on smaller league forum have petitioned our club for something similar to Bunnies TV that offers their fans a free stream of all their home games in all grades. We need a bigger voice from those here who like the idea.
Make a thread for it if you haven't already BGM. People will definitely be on board. This forum knows a lot about making power in numbers

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Looks like we are improving across all junior grades. Credit to Flano and and the football dept for helping stabilize the pathways and clearly putting stronger systems in place. They look to have bought in some real promising juniors over the last 2 years. So credit where it's due.

Easy to criticise when things aren't going well but anyone who really loves their footy knows there is more than first grade happening and those successes are really exciting. Hopefully we are starting to see some green shoots so the club really need to nail down a recruitment and retention person who isn't named Haran or Milward.
Yeah credit to Flanno for the junior grades doing well.

He hasn't been around long enough to be held accountable for the rubbish first grade squad but the young kids winning a few games, that's all him. Really well apportioned praise pal 😂🤣😂😂😂😂

Latest posts