What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

alien

Referee
I think getting another starting quality prop like Vaughan is being greedy. You cannot afford to spend good money on a bloke that (fingers crossed) will play 5 games a year. IMO we have 4 good props to fill our rotation. All we need is a Dave Tyrrel type or a young kid on the rise who will be happy to play 20 games for the Bears and fill in occasionally when starting up his career. If we have injuries to 3 of our props at one time then you can start Sam there with the Tyrrel/kid coming off the bench.

It wouldn't be only 5 games a year. Middle forwards get injured a lot. If we don't get another quality prop, we will struggle when we have middle forwards injured again. Musgrove has only played a few first grade games. We really don't know how he is going to turn out.

Curns13

Juniors
Curns you are a smart guy
How can you even mention Tyrrell in a first grade team he unfortunately has lost the mojo big time,doesn't even stand out in reggies
No definitely no Dave in 17 we are building a powerful team
Not in our 17, Musgrove cannot even make the 17 this week. And not necessarily Tyrrel but a Dave type of player, a vet who can come in and do a job for a couple of weeks without wanting to be a starter. Like Scott Bolton for the Cowboys. Or a young kid coming through the ranks.

Curns13

Juniors
It wouldn't be only 5 games a year. Middle forwards get injured a lot. If we don't get another quality prop, we will struggle when we have middle forwards injured again. Musgrove has only played a few first grade games. We really don't know how he is going to turn out.
We only had one prop off the bench in the GF. At this stage we only have one prop off the bench for this week. Come round 1 next year who out of George, Tom, Brown, Musgrove or (for arguments sake) Vaughan, starts for the Bears? Why would a quality prop like Vaughan even sign here if he isn't guaranteed consistent first grade footy? And what if we end up playing just 1 prop off the bench. Then we can have 600k worth of front rowers playing reserve grade every week. The Broncos 5th best prop has played 10 games this year, the Cowboys 5th best 10 games as well. Who is signing on the play less than half of the teams games? This year our fifth most played prop is Musgrove with 4 games and he might not get another game this year. This year was a freak year for injuries, you cannot tie up money in a guy who will play 20 minutes per game for 5 - 10 games.

Rabbits20

Immortal
yeah I could only go by the players that I've properly seen play. if some of those new guys are better than some of the players I named, then that's even better!
I still think Madge will opt for leadership in the side and Madge sees BRYSON as a leader.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Starting to look like Souths will have an awesome squad in 2017.
Our depth will be better than this years which is great.

Time to move on Tyrrell, Oldfield, Nielsen and possibly Cam.

Let's hope it happens.

Sook Keary is gone too. Yippppeeeee. He's not even guaranteed to start at 6 for Rorters with Watson and Matterson there. Lmao.

alien

Referee
We only had one prop off the bench in the GF. At this stage we only have one prop off the bench for this week. Come round 1 next year who out of George, Tom, Brown, Musgrove or (for arguments sake) Vaughan, starts for the Bears? Why would a quality prop like Vaughan even sign here if he isn't guaranteed consistent first grade footy? And what if we end up playing just 1 prop off the bench. Then we can have 600k worth of front rowers playing reserve grade every week. The Broncos 5th best prop has played 10 games this year, the Cowboys 5th best 10 games as well. Who is signing on the play less than half of the teams games? This year our fifth most played prop is Musgrove with 4 games and he might not get another game this year. This year was a freak year for injuries, you cannot tie up money in a guy who will play 20 minutes per game for 5 - 10 games.

In the Grand Final we had Clark and Tom Burgess on the interchange. We should have at least 2 props on the interchange every game. A lot of the middle forwards got injured this year, and that often happens with the middle forwards. Brown and the twins would definitely be in the 17. We wouldn't have $600,000 worth of front rowers playing NSW Cup. Musgrove wouldn't be on much, and I'm not saying the extra prop would have to be on that much. I'm not sure where you get 20 mins per game because it should be more than that. If we don't have any good backup props then we will be screwed again. It's a long season and it's not that uncommon to have 2 or 3 props injured at the same time.

Rabbits20

Immortal
And a big no to Goodwin for 17
I'm a fan but time and the speed of the game and backs has increased dramatically in a few years
No disrespect but we need real strike speed and a young goer who is big and strong to also do ( what R20 calls) the shit work
I can't see Bryson in the 17 next year
I can.

In the centres or wing.

Madge rates GOODWIN as a leader in our club.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not in our 17, Musgrove cannot even make the 17 this week. And not necessarily Tyrrel but a Dave type of player, a vet who can come in and do a job for a couple of weeks without wanting to be a starter. Like Scott Bolton for the Cowboys. Or a young kid coming through the ranks.
Clark can play prop too remember.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Depth is important though, so if we got another solid prop, even Douglas for example at the right price it would set us up nicely imo.

Remember Alien and Curns we could be getting Rochow.

alien

Referee
Clark can play prop too remember.

yeah but i think the best way to have our interchange is 2 props, 1 second rower, and 1 player like clark who can play back row, prop, or even a bit of dummy half (if cook gets injured during the game)

alien

Referee
Depth is important though, so if we got another solid prop, even Douglas for example at the right price it would set us up nicely imo.

Remember Alien and Curns we could be getting Rochow.

isn't rochow a second rower, or can he play prop too?

Rabbits20

Immortal
yeah but i think the best way to have our interchange is 2 props, 1 second rower, and 1 player like clark who can play back row, prop, or even a bit of dummy half (if cook gets injured during the game)
Agree.

I believe our best side has Clark on the bench.

Latest posts