What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v New Zealand at Kanpur on Sep 22-26, 2016

Bazal

Post Whore
Well. Two quick wickets early, not a good start....thought Taylor was a little hard done by

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
dont remember seeing that

I saw the dismissal, went and got another beer, come back and he' till batting and thought wtf

JJ

Immortal
He fumbled an easy chance, it bounced up and hit the grill and he caught it...

Not sure how I feel about the rule TBH

We're still in the fight which is good

JJ

Immortal
Taylor's lbw was borderline, but Ronchi's there was heaps of doubt...

Lack of DRS suits them at home, I think

Bazal

Post Whore
Jeez that petered out a little meekly. All out 262. Need to rip through India here, this will be a dog of a pitch on day five imo

JJ

Immortal
Yeah disappointing

Wickets often go in clumps for visitors in India, hard to start, needed more from top 4, sadly Guptill is rubbish, Latham made a poor mistake, Kane got a ripper and Taylor a borderline lbw early

edabomb

First Grade
He fumbled an easy chance, it bounced up and hit the grill and he caught it...

Not sure how I feel about the rule TBH

We're still in the fight which is good

Yup. Umpires seemed to lose their poise and get a bit flummoxed by the appealing there. Sodhi had off and middle showing as it was sliding down leg.

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought Sodhi was out tbh, straightened down the line of leg. Taylor was unlucky but I think would have been umpires call in the event of DRS actually being used. Ronchi wasn't out, though, IMO

vvvrulz

Coach
What a shame, but you're always in trouble when the pitch renders Ashwin & Jadeja unplayable.

Bring them to our side of the world and they're club level plodders

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
typical Indian pitch, they seem to be the only ones who can bat on this shit

JJ

Immortal
Or bowl on them - we have three spinners, none have looked terribly dangerous

Red Bear

Referee
Or bowl on them - we have three spinners, none have looked terribly dangerous
crumbly, low bouncing pitches.

It's brought up alot when Australia bats over there, how they aren't used to (and then aren't willing to adjust to) that style of pitch. It's extreely true of bowling though. Spinner grow up using bounce as a central part of how they take wickets. They struggle without that bounce over there.

Indian pitches aren't great for the game IMO but pretty typical of test cricket in recent years (outside South Africa) - sides don't make the adjustment to conditions different to their home ones.