What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v New Zealand at Kanpur on Sep 22-26, 2016

TheParraboy

Staff member
true

but you are well on top today considering India would have looked to have a lot of wickets in hand after day 1 and pressed for 450 plus tomorrow

India 9/291

JJ

Immortal
Pretty good day that - we're in the fight at least, given the deck and toss I wouldn't have been surprised had India been 350/2

Meth

Staff member
Predictably, this Test will come down to how well we can handle spin.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, he was doing that all the time 18mths ago, prior to the back injury - now it's intermittent

Hopefully we can stay in the fight - lot on Williamson and Taylor here - given India's likely low-ish score, a fluent knock from Guptill or Ronchi could be valuable, neither impress as test players in the grand scheme, but might do something here

Bazal

Post Whore
Danger time for NZ in a way. Yadav is no slouch with the bat, and Jadeja can score very quickly if he's allowed to. Need to bowl well and stay focused or 300-320 could become 350+

Bazal

Post Whore
Guptill is a deadset plank, he should have been out there long enough not to fall over his front leg like that

JJ

Immortal
He's a nice plank though... a lot of people genuinely want him to be a good test bat - it just doesn't happen though, he's not up to it

Bazal

Post Whore
He's good to watch as well, he's a talented player IMO. He just can't seem to apply himself to Test cricket. A bit like Shane Watson in that respect

Bazal

Post Whore
Jeez Latham is lucky. I know thats the rule and it hit the helmet so it's not out, but I really hate that rule.

Then again i suppose he was unlucky to hit it straight into his boot so it evens out

JJ

Immortal
Yep

And Haynetrain was on the money, Kane showing how spin should be played, I wouldn't swap him for anyone

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Really enjoyed watching Latham and Williamson bat last night, some very good discipline and patience shown, respect

I cant believe Latham was not given out although no commentary at the pub. wtf was that all about ?

JJ

Immortal
Ball not allowed to touch helmet, black and white one, strange rule though

Hutty1986

Immortal
Ball not allowed to touch helmet, black and white one, strange rule though
Its a funny one isnt it, i hadnt even heard of it before. Great day for your boys, hopefully these two can ton up and get a big, big total on the board

Bazal

Post Whore
It's not the most well known rule but it's there. Personally I hate it, I think it's outdated and given helmets are pretty much essential these days should be changed

Bazal

Post Whore
On a different note, how good is Stephen Fleming in commentary? Streets ahead of most that are going around these days

vvvrulz

Coach
India's legendary batting coach Sanjay Bangar having a whinge about NZ taking too many drinks breaks.

Bunch of whining pricks as always.