What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Mate take it easy, Matty Head may be able to take him under his wing, f**k Mary!!
Matt has a very astute footy head... haa no pun intended
We should buy him, could be a great move

giboz71

First Grade
It's a gamble, but we we can't afford to miss out on a 7.

The younger guys like Moses, Brooks, Elgey, Taylor etc can be more selective and play for a contender. Hunt probably has less options.

Plenty of mail around that's he'll likely end up at the Eels however. Perhaps this is a way to get Parra to up their offer?

RedVDave

First Grade
Not worth $1mil but unfortunately we are at that stage where we have to pay over for players to get them here.

watatank

Coach
Yeah we can't afford to leave it to chance, have to go with an offer that no other team can get anywhere near. Still doesn't guarantee us of anything of course but better chance of signing him at this price than if we offered the same to the other off contract halves.

giboz71

First Grade
He really should be hitting his peak now. Gonna turn 27, 8 years in FG, international and a Grand Final appearance.

Perfect guy to partner Jai Field. Will be good if we can get him.

But at that price, say goodbye to Widdop and Duges which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Old Timer

Coach
Supposedly might get Hunt for a $1M so what must Cronk be getting paid or is it just he didn't want to know about us?

Gareth67

First Grade
If we had a decent coach , he would be far better than what some may believe , however for a million big one's , I think that is just too much . For that amount I would be looking to sign Shaun Johnson , or for a lesser amount Tyrone Roberts .

Although with the salary-cap increase next year , many players value will go up , so if we want quality , we must expect to pay more for it .

As has been said , the club needs to outlay big money , if they are going to attract a proper No. 7 to the club. Unfortunately that is the sad state of affairs at the Dragons at present and I think that we need to accept that key players will cost us more .

If the Joint Venture can lure an accomplished half to the club they need to do it . If so , they would be solving one half of the equation , which has been plaguing the Dragons for the last few years .

Last edited:

Bench
I would consider him at any price, who knows what will happen when the salary cap is increased, half backs will be one of the highest paid. I would love to see him come here this season

warwickdragon

Juniors
Of the 16 current NRL halbacks Ben Hunt would rank about 9th after Thurston Johnson Cronk Reynolds Pearce Cherry-Evans Hodgkinson and Brooks. Putting a value on the 9th best halfback in the game is a tricky task. Suspect the broncos would value him at about $500000 Would think that a $200000 premium on that would be adequate

Reactions: Qdf

Latest posts