What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

From my limited understanding is it can't be legal. His NRL suspension won't start until he has a valid NRL contract. And he can't have a valid NRL if he is contracted to a Union club - the NRL won't register the contract.

Even if what you say about the suspension starting date (and I'm not sure that this is necessarily the case here...but it might be)......If they won't register his new NRL contract, then his old NRL contract exists (for this purpose). The NRL, of course, can just choose to change the length of his suspension.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Even if what you say about the suspension starting date (and I'm not sure that this is necessarily the case here...but it might be)......If they won't register his new NRL contract, then his old NRL contract exists (for this purpose). The NRL, of course, can just choose to change the length of his suspension.

Wasn't his old contract terminated by mutual consent between Barba / Sharks ? So there is no contract.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Thanks Josh. I can settle down a little bit now. Of all the journos I would have expected Rothfield to be the last one to say much about this.

The Colonel

Immortal
The fact that Farrah was on so much money was just a bonus when they finally got rid of him.

Not really a bonus when they are apparently still a considerable amount of his contract and it has cost them or set to cost players being released. Souths picked up a bonus.

Snoochies

First Grade
“The NRL hasn’t given me much, so if it comes to that I might never play the game again,” he said.

They gave you a livelihood most of us would swap in a heartbeat and cry then don't give you anything.

“It’s probably the first time we’ve talked since then [receiving his ban] … I have to look after my kids and my family, they’re my first option.

Pity they weren't your first option 3 months ago, you put them in this position, not the NRL.

“They [NRL] had quite a while to sort my stuff out but it’s taken them three months and nothing has been sorted out … I’m just going along with the flow and listen to the guys who take care of me,”

You had a lot longer to sort yourself out. Seems you're really a baby who needs to be spoonfed still. Grow up!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...l/news-story/43c1bff3f7da1e00d5fcffe78ff8c63f

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
“The NRL hasn’t given me much, so if it comes to that I might never play the game again,” he said.

They gave you a livelihood most of us would swap in a heartbeat and cry then don't give you anything.

“It’s probably the first time we’ve talked since then [receiving his ban] … I have to look after my kids and my family, they’re my first option.

Pity they weren't your first option 3 months ago, you put them in this position, not the NRL.

“They [NRL] had quite a while to sort my stuff out but it’s taken them three months and nothing has been sorted out … I’m just going along with the flow and listen to the guys who take care of me,”

You had a lot longer to sort yourself out. Seems you're really a baby who needs to be spoonfed still. Grow up!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...l/news-story/43c1bff3f7da1e00d5fcffe78ff8c63f
Couldn't agree more. I heard the interview where he said this stuff on the radio and wondered if some of these guys realise what twats they sound like to the average person sometimes.

84 Baby

Referee
I assume by "the guys who take care of me" is reference to his suppliers.

What a f**king drop kick merkin

carson

Juniors
Personally I think players that switch codes should have a mandatory 1 year suspension on contracts when returning. With the limited funds being spent at grass roots levels of the game, to see it wasted on players with no loyalty to the code is extremely disheartening to fans of the game.

If they don't need us then we don't need them.

Gronk

Staff member
Personally I think players that switch codes should have a mandatory 1 year suspension on contracts when returning. With the limited funds being spent at grass roots levels of the game, to see it wasted on players with no loyalty to the code is extremely disheartening to fans of the game.

When you say codes, do you just mean RU or would Hayne have been banned as well ?

84 Baby

Referee

It's not like there's a massive torrent of players jumping codes.
Barba's doing it because he's a whingy cry baby.
Semi code hopped before playing rugby league.
Hayne "chased his dream"
Who else has there even been recently?