What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I would have thought that he'd need to have a ESL or NRL contract, then serve his 12 week ban.

Can he serve a ban whilst not being a RL player ? Play RU in France and then rock up pre 30 June and sign a new contract with Sharks ? Sounds like a rort.

lingard

Coach
Why shouldn't he overcall them? He is the smarter playmaker. He is proven. If he makes a call different to some rookie you know he made a better call. That was just Taylor's excuse for trying to move him out.

I really think Taylor (as a former half-back) had definite plans for developing Moses and Brooks, but Farrah's continual over-calling of the play (and his well-documented sabotaging of the coach's game-plans) made things very difficult. The fact that Farrah was on so much money was just a bonus when they finally got rid of him.

lingard

Coach
In another 2 years another good hooker, probably better than Hogdson, will be running around. Apparently we have a good one in Kyle Something? coming thru so you never know, our dh may be home grown.

Yes I've heard of him. Jeff Something's nephew, isn't he?

I would have thought that he'd need to have a ESL or NRL contract, then serve his 12 week ban.

Can he serve a ban whilst not being a RL player ? Play RU in France and then rock up pre 30 June and sign a new contract with Sharks ? Sounds like a rort.

I think these sort of suspensions are framed in terms of dates, not games, so it's only a matter of whether Barba is breaching the terms of his new deal with the Sharks (and it sounds like they have no objection). Obviously, there'd be a separate salary cap issue if his 1-year deal with the Sharks was for an unrealistically low amount. But there'd be a fair bit of wiggle room.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
From my limited understanding is it can't be legal. His NRL suspension won't start until he has a valid NRL contract. And he can't have a valid NRL if he is contracted to a Union club - the NRL won't register the contract.

Latest posts