What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan Told To Shop Himself Around - Not happy with the Dragons.

Glenn01

Juniors
Good on ya Glenn let's get Jarryd Hayne.
The guy is an absolute tool and is nowhere near the hype that surrounds him.
He is the Derryn Hinch of the NRL.
I would take Dugan every day of the week before that wanker.
The trippy old dude doesn't like Jaryd Hayne so the club should immediately reject any notion of signing that extremely high profile, two time Dally M winner. Because after all, in the trippy old dude's illicit substance fueled delirium, the universe really does revolve around him:rolleyes:

SGMax

Juniors
Just imagining having Tedesco at FB , Dugan at centre next to McDonald....right side would be unstoppable.
Dufty can bide his time as backup, on the wing and in reserves till he peaks in a few years time.
Even Latrell Mitchell has been reeled in a bit after doing a good job at FB last year.
Plenty of time for Dufty at FB if he is good enough when he is in his mid 20s.

possm

Coach
So Mary is a genius then as it was he who reckons he should be a centre, was built to be a centre and made him a centre...then he got picked centre for rep foofy.

Just sayin.
Mary was a Kangaroo centre, so it goes that he should no quite a bit about the position. By no means have I ever seen any genius from Mary, in fact it is troubling to me that he persists with selecting Lafai and Aitken over Mann and Milne in the first grade centre positions.

NSW and Australian selectors have selected Dugan as a centre while Mary defies this by selecting Dugan at fullback mainly because we do not have a suitable alternative first grade fullback.

Having said all of this, I doubt that the Dragons would have enough cap space to field Hunt, Tedesco and Dugan. Remember we bought Hunt for approx. 1m p/a after loosing Benji for approx. 450k p/a. In addition we picked up Vaughan for a reported 600k p/a + Sims and Macdonald. We did save money on the Rein/McInnes deal but after re-signing Thompson, De Belin and others we want to keep, I reckon we would be sailing close to the wind.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Just imagining having Tedesco at FB , Dugan at centre next to McDonald....right side would be unstoppable.
Dufty can bide his time as backup, on the wing and in reserves till he peaks in a few years time.
Even Latrell Mitchell has been reeled in a bit after doing a good job at FB last year.
Plenty of time for Dufty at FB if he is good enough when he is in his mid 20s.
Despite what others are saying, I still am of the belief there is room in first grade for a speedy and elusive winger. In my mind Dufty and Field could easily be blooded in turn on the left wing.

The idea that they would be smashed by big opposition outside backs does not take into consideration these two young guns speed off the mark and elusive side step. Slippery Morris proved to be a great first grade winger for the Dragons.

BennyV

Referee
Ahhh yes, the old 'random player from 40 years ago was good enough' argument...never gets old!

since77

Juniors
The trippy old dude doesn't like Jaryd Hayne so the club should immediately reject any notion of signing that extremely high profile, two time Dally M winner.

Yeah, you should reject any notion of signing Hayne.
A guy who plays maybe 2 or 3 above average games per season, while looking like he couldn't care less for the rest of them. A guy who has just as many issues, perhaps more than Kieran Foran. A guy who sits out training sessions while his teammates have to make up for it.....

The Titans will regret they ever considered signing him before the end of this season. So far, they've got one field goal out of him, and a years worth of negative headlines.

Richard Dawkins once wrote a book called The God Delusion - if there was a sporting equivalent, it would be "The Hayne Delusion".

Old Timer

Coach
The trippy old dude doesn't like Jaryd Hayne so the club should immediately reject any notion of signing that extremely high profile, two time Dally M winner. Because after all, in the trippy old dude's illicit substance fueled delirium, the universe really does revolve around him:rolleyes:
JH the bloke who wants to be anything other than what he is
Isn't he the bloke saying French Rugby I mean he has 2 years to go and already looking to be not loyal to the club that gave him a lifeline or the NRL
A turd of the first order

Glenn01

Juniors
Yeah, you should reject any notion of signing Hayne.
A guy who plays maybe 2 or 3 above average games per season, while looking like he couldn't care less for the rest of them. A guy who has just as many issues, perhaps more than Kieran Foran. A guy who sits out training sessions while his teammates have to make up for it.....

The Titans will regret they ever considered signing him before the end of this season. So far, they've got one field goal out of him, and a years worth of negative headlines.

Richard Dawkins once wrote a book called The God Delusion - if there was a sporting equivalent, it would be "The Hayne Delusion".

Right. A guy who has won 2 Dally M awards and is one of the highest paid players in the game plays 2 or 3 average games a season....... If you don't like the guy, or don't like the impression you get (listening to others and getting their input, unless it's the trippy old dude above, is always good but you should always make up your own mind based on your own experience), that's fine but what you do or do not like does not have and should not have any bearing on what the club does insofar as recruitment and retention. This ridiculous statement shows why.

IfTedesco or RTS are not available IMO Hayne would be the next best and only behind those 2 due to his age. Those 2, RTS and Tedesco, have a way to go yet before being considered better than Hayne.

Old Timer

Coach
Right. A guy who has won 2 Dally M awards and is one of the highest paid players in the game plays 2 or 3 average games a season....... If you don't like the guy, or don't like the impression you get (listening to others and getting their input, unless it's the trippy old dude above, is always good but you should always make up your own mind based on your own experience), that's fine but what you do or do not like does not have and should not have any bearing on what the club does insofar as recruitment and retention. This ridiculous statement shows why.

IfTedesco or RTS are not available IMO Hayne would be the next best and only behind those 2 due to his age. Those 2, RTS and Tedesco, have a way to go yet before being considered better than Hayne.
Rex Mossop would be proud of that rubbish.
Lets deal with the last paragraph first.
You initially rate Hayne 3rd behind Tedesco and RTS, then in the next breath, the 2 you rated above him Tedesco and RTS have a way to go to be considered better than Hayne.
Outstanding work.
The last sentence of the first paragraph shows maybe you have some idea of comprehension because it appears that you have at last recognised your statement as being ridiculous.
Your were far better off sticking to bagging Widdop, as it easier for you to try and throw and catch 1 ball (although you fumbled & dropped that last week) but as soon as you had 2 let alone 3 balls in the air you have dropped the lot.
Back to clown school for you.

Qdf

Juniors
Good on ya Glenn let's get Jarryd Hayne.
The guy is an absolute tool and is nowhere near the hype that surrounds him.
He is the Derryn Hinch of the NRL.
I would take Dugan every day of the week before that wanker.
Yes OT,
Give me Duges every day of the week. Hayne is very hot &cold,Sounds like he has a bit of a bad attitude problem. (according to Henry&Hindmarsh). I actually think the Titans played better without Him.Since his arrival,the playing group has been very unsettled..

possm

Coach
Pay Dugan his FB money. Let Dufty on the wing to mature. That way we will get a much better FB, when DUFTY is ready.
Would we have the budget for that? Is it the right way to go?
I think the Club is right and has priced Dugan right. Yes he can continue to play fullback until a replacement fullback is available. But I think his future is in the centres and so his salary should reflect that.

Qdf

Juniors
Would we have the budget for that? Is it the right way to go?
I think the Club is right and has priced Dugan right. Yes he can continue to play fullback until a replacement fullback is available. But I think his future is in the centres and so his salary should reflect that.
POSS,
Duges played (last sat.)like he did in ACT, he just needed the green light to do so.
Mary's game plan has not suited Duges or Widdop. This new "power game" maybe just what both of them wanted all along.
As far affordability goes I can't really say,but trim sum deadwood & I'm sure we'd be better off keeping them, if their form stays good.Resign them on a 2yr contract.

possm

Coach
POSS,
Duges played (last sat.)like he did in ACT, he just needed the green light to do so.
Mary's game plan has not suited Duges or Widdop. This new "power game" maybe just what both of them wanted all along.
As far affordability goes I can't really say,but trim sum deadwood & I'm sure we'd be better off keeping them, if their form stays good.Resign them on a 2yr contract.
Well said. Let's just see how they go over the next few weeks. I'm sure the Club will know what to do then. I think the way the boys played last week is a shock to all.

Ray McKigney

Juniors
You guys need Dugan more then he needs the Dragons.
He's a world class player.
He might be lacking in ball playing skills but he is a supreme talent.
I think you should move him to 5/8 to partner hunt.
He can be a ball running 5/8, he reminds me of Lockyear.
Widdop can go back to fullback, the half experiment hasn't worked out for him.

SBD82

Coach
Ha. You're going to have to troll better than that in this forum ray.

Ever heard of a guy called Vas?

Crush

Coach
Widdop to Fullback, Dugan to 5/8. Worst idea ever.
How did Greg inglis shift to 5/8 work out at bunnies?

Latest posts