What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Johnny88

Juniors
Nice back page
18423981_695680323952586_6387382888512158022_n.jpg

Noise

Coach
I'm considering framing a market on who comes next. Is it Mosman Eel? Marrickville Eel? Milsons Point Eel? Mortdale Eel?

Or maybe it'll be something from really left field like Manuka Eel or Monash Eel.....

What odds can I get for Madagascar Eel?

Chipmunk

Coach
Interesting idea.... Publish the $ amount of all TPA's that contribute towards the salary of the total value across each NRL team separately and the name of the company proiving the funds - surely these companies would be all for it? They'd want the public to know they are contributing towards the salaries of NRL players/clubs wouldn't they??

We'll soon see the great disparity betweeen the haves and the have nots....

eg Boncos - $4.2m + in total TPA's
Roosters - $4.0m + in total TPA's
Bulldogs- $3.9m + in total TPA's

and so on.

down to

Tigers - approx. $250K+ in total TPA's
Newcastle - < $783.55 in total TPA's.....

This is good in theory, but just because a player has a TPA, it doesn't mean that all TPA's have anything to do with the NRL or the Club in anyway and it doesn't need to be part of their contract.

Bazal

Post Whore
Interesting idea.... Publish the $ amount of all TPA's that contribute towards the salary of the total value across each NRL team separately and the name of the company proiving the funds - surely these companies would be all for it? They'd want the public to know they are contributing towards the salaries of NRL players/clubs wouldn't they??

We'll soon see the great disparity betweeen the haves and the have nots....

eg Boncos - $4.2m + in total TPA's
Roosters - $4.0m + in total TPA's
Bulldogs- $3.9m + in total TPA's

and so on.

down to

Tigers - approx. $250K+ in total TPA's
Newcastle - < $783.55 in total TPA's.....

Journo: What stingy merkin gives you the 5 cents?
Knights: All of them

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This is good in theory, but just because a player has a TPA, it doesn't mean that all TPA's have anything to do with the NRL or the Club in anyway and it doesn't need to be part of their contract.
Exactly. From the NRL's perspective they (ostensibly) are concerned with the difference between those TPAs that are contingent on playing for a particular club vs those that aren't. Which is obviously very difficult to police. I dare say the NRL doesn't really care as long as it keeps the best players (also the biggest draw cards) in the game. The only time the NRL does care is when its hand is forced - i.e. whistleblowers.

Or simply publicly publish each clubs TPA's. That way at least we can all see the real salary cap that all clubs are working with. I don't think it would be to long from there that a fairer system would be demanded by all.

But like I have said before, ALL contracts should be made public anyway. We the public are the reason they even exist. So we should ALL know if there is any hanky panky going on.
I like Bernie's idea of publishing all players salary's including TPA's.

emjaycee

Coach

Whilst not part of the players contract, any and all TPA's still need to be approved by the NRL.
This is how our Watmough TPA came under scrutiny,

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly. The NRL don't actually care about stopping players getting paid though, they just need to know so they can decide if the TPA counts under the salary cap.

hindy111

Post Whore
You're kind. I wouldn't pay the prick more than 350k. Unbelievably overrated footballer, can't believe he still gets rep jerseys. He's rubbish.

I was just thinking would I swap him for any of our starting? Manu-Tepai-Brown? And its a NO
Maybe for Beau Scott. Id even prefer KE.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well clearly income from investments you own is not contingent on you playing for a particular club. It is therefore outside the cap.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Fair point but it's an investment. There's no real difference between that and investing/trading stocks or bitcoin if your Avy. High interest savings accounts are another similar example. Can't see any being included as TPAs.

Latest posts