What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gutted when they left.

With all the disappointment around big Russ signing for the Tigers and Dugan to the Sharks it made me stop and think again about all our favourites over the years that gave plenty for the Red V but then up and left for whatever reason.

Which ones over the past 30 odd years have really upset you by signing elsewhere.

For me I have plenty but here are my top few,

Slippery Steve Morris, was my favourite Dragon as a young fella and absolutely gutted when he left in the mid 80's.

Chris Walsh, loved his hard running style and was annoyed when he left (for the Steelers, ironic).

Noel Goldthorpe (bloody Super League).

Luke Bailey, how on earth did we loose Bull Bailey.

Brett Morris, as if I would ever play for the Dogs.

But the absolute one that annoyed and gutted me was loosing Brad Mackay to the Reds. If ever someone deserved a premiership in 99 it was Brad.

Please feel free to list your top couple, please only ones that really p!ssed you off that they were leaving.

red rocket

Juniors
With all the disappointment around big Russ signing for the Tigers and Dugan to the Sharks it made me stop and think again about all our favourites over the years that gave plenty for the Red V but then up and left for whatever reason.

Which ones over the past 30 odd years have really upset you by signing elsewhere.

For me I have plenty but here are my top few,

Slippery Steve Morris, was my favourite Dragon as a young fella and absolutely gutted when he left in the mid 80's.

Chris Walsh, loved his hard running style and was annoyed when he left (for the Steelers, ironic).

Noel Goldthorpe (bloody Super League).

Luke Bailey, how on earth did we loose Bull Bailey.

Brett Morris, as if I would ever play for the Dogs.

But the absolute one that annoyed and gutted me was loosing Brad Mackay to the Reds. If ever someone deserved a premiership in 99 it was Brad.

Please feel free to list your top couple, please only ones that really p!ssed you off that they were leaving.
Lance Thompson and Michael Ennis

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Lance Thompson
Beau Scott
Russell Packer
Nathan Blacklock when he left to union
Anthony Mundine x 2
Brett Morris
Josh Dugan
Piggy Riddell

And a little from left field but Lincoln Withers. Man I loved watching that bloke turning out for the Red V and playing well above his weight. Will never forget when he put a hit on Toni Carroll. Was very disappointed when the club didn't offer him another contract.

Latest posts