What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary Set To Get Some Help

The Damo

Juniors
Let me answer you with another question.
Why do we need outside help?
Is it because the powers that be don't have confidence in McGregor any more?
But how can that be, considering they extended his contract without any hesitation just a few months ago?
Is the newcomer being groomed for the FG coaching gig? Why would an Englishman be re-locating to Australia?
Somewhere along the line we have destroyed the kudos of the head coaching position at St. George.
There has been a litany of compromises since Bennett which have pole axed any chance we have had to win another premiership.
St. George is a club that should have the best coach that money can buy.
It seems that Bennett's tenure came and went - delivering unbridled joy and ecstasy in 2010 and yet we didn't seem to learn anything from it.
This later chapter is just another compromise.
So, considering the whole of the Australian Rugby League landscape, we have identified someone out of Super League in the UK to be part of our coaching brains trust.
I just don't get - maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks Dennis - let me answer you with some answers ;)
Because bringing in outside expertise can be helpful even for the best of coaches, new ideas, perspectives etc can be beneficial.
There is actually no contradiction between thinking someone is capable of doing a good job, and thinking you can improve the team they work with.
The newcomer may want to live in Australia and learn in the premier rugby league Comp in the world? They may hope to be a first grade coach in time and this is a step towards their goal.
Now whether it happens, works out well or fails is yet to be seen.

Thanks Dennis - let me answer you with some answers ;)
Because bringing in outside expertise can be helpful even for the best of coaches, new ideas, perspectives etc can be beneficial.
There is actually no contradiction between thinking someone is capable of doing a good job, and thinking you can improve the team they work with.
The newcomer may want to live in Australia and learn in the premier rugby league Comp in the world? They may hope to be a first grade coach in time and this is a step towards their goal.
Now whether it happens, works out well or fails is yet to be seen.
Would Bennett, Bellamy, Flanagan, Green, Robinson, Hasler and others, accept this kind of support?
The answer is no.
So why is McGregor if he is so capable?
I am happy to wait and see but a competent coach doesn't need SL assistance.
There is a chasm of difference in class between Australian and UK rugby league.

Would Bennett, Bellamy, Flanagan, Green, Robinson, Hasler and others, accept this kind of support?
The answer is no.
So why is McGregor if he is so capable?
I am happy to wait and see but a competent coach doesn't need SL assistance.
There is a chasm of difference in class between Australian and UK rugby league.
You have gone off a rumour from the f**king Mole talk about lol.

Talk about having a whinge about nothing.