What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary Set To Get Some Help

gonz

Juniors
That'll do me!
Why did we hire McGregor in the first place and why did we extend if only to keep propping him up?
I hope Agar turns out to be a genius but if you add Mary's current, upgraded salary to Agar's salary then why not invest in a real coach that doesn't need imported experience?
Agreed

Keep hiring people to help this clown

TruSaint

Referee
That'll do me!
Why did we hire McGregor in the first place and why did we extend if only to keep propping him up?
I hope Agar turns out to be a genius but if you add Mary's current, upgraded salary to Agar's salary then why not invest in a real coach that doesn't need imported experience?

WE dont know the facts behind this, if at all it does eventuate. I would chill and wait. Then, u go go ballistic.

TruSaint

Referee
All we know for sure is: that whatever the facts may be, you will tell us it was a great decision by the club

LOL. U are a real merkin. Sad really. I think you have become your name sake. f**k off. U pathetic attempt of a fan. Get a life u grumpy turd. Read my posts before u make a judgement. But for u thats impossible as its given that I am an apologist. .

I think you have an issue.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
WE dont know the facts behind this, if at all it does eventuate. I would chill and wait. Then, u go go ballistic.

So true , TruSaint ( pardon the pun ) . A rumour is a bit like being at a Chinese smorgasbord . You can see what's on the menu , but the bluudy thing is written in Chinese , so you have no other option than to have a bite and a chew . If you don't like it, well , you can discreetly spit it out . And that is how a Forum is born . :innocent:

I'm confused, should the club bring in outside expertise or not? Is that not a good thing?
Let me answer you with another question.
Why do we need outside help?
Is it because the powers that be don't have confidence in McGregor any more?
But how can that be, considering they extended his contract without any hesitation just a few months ago?
Is the newcomer being groomed for the FG coaching gig? Why would an Englishman be re-locating to Australia?
Somewhere along the line we have destroyed the kudos of the head coaching position at St. George.
There has been a litany of compromises since Bennett which have pole axed any chance we have had to win another premiership.
St. George is a club that should have the best coach that money can buy.
It seems that Bennett's tenure came and went - delivering unbridled joy and ecstasy in 2010 and yet we didn't seem to learn anything from it.
This later chapter is just another compromise.
So, considering the whole of the Australian Rugby League landscape, we have identified someone out of Super League in the UK to be part of our coaching brains trust.
I just don't get - maybe I'm missing something.

Coffs dragon

Bench
We all know how long outsiders last in the old boys empire, especially a Pom that has coached France. If this bloke comes to the Dragons he'll want to wear his British armour as he'll be the fall guy & knifed in the back to protect any of the Old Boys Club. It's a guaranteed 12 month death wish.

Walpole

Juniors
It seems to me that the club constantly acknowledges that Doust and McGregor don't know what the f**k they're doing (eg. bringing in Coyne and his mates and now this bloke) yet they constantly employ them anyway. It's certainly an interesting business model.

Latest posts