What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No wonder Dogs are a joke! $700k for Eastward, a player only worth about $300-$400k max. Imagine what Graham and Klemmer are on then. And Mbye, a player not much above park standard, on $700k, about the same amount as Moses. I can guarantee Moses has had more try assists since at Parra than Mbye has had all year.
Mbye was very good last year. I wouldn't put too much stock in the form of any 2017 Bulldogs. They are down across the board.

T.S Quint

Coach
What about Tolman? Or is he just another Alvaro?

Like you said, he plays the same kind of game as Alvaro...but Alvaro is younger, cheaper and possibly better.

We also have Mannnah who can do the grunt work. If we sign another prop, I would hope it's someone with a bit of impact and an offload. We already have the worker-types.

Glenneel

Bench
How many blokes in the past, who make their NRL debut at 18, who don't make another appearance in the NRL for at least 3 1/2 years, end up making it in the NRL though?
I know some bloke who was a world beater, left league for 11/2 yrs and came back extremely poor and only a shadow of his former self. So a bloke who has only played 1 game in 3-4 yrs will definitely make it eh?

I know some bloke who was a world beater, left league for 11/2 yrs and came back extremely poor and only a shadow of his former self. So a bloke who has only played 1 game in 3-4 yrs will definitely make it eh?

I one of those two blokes was asking $1m+ per season. The other chap is at the other end of the salary spectrum.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How many blokes in the past, who make their NRL debut at 18, who don't make another appearance in the NRL for at least 3 1/2 years, end up making it in the NRL though?
Does it matter? He is not even 22. Eleven players who have played first grade for this year's likely minor premiers made their debuts in the year they turned 22 (or later). This includes Stimson, McLean, Kaufusi, Jacks, Glasby and Kenneath Bromwich, who have all played a dozen games or more this year.

As long as a dude is young his body can cope with time out of the game. And it's not like Meehan has been cycling around Brisbane knocking on doors. He has been knocking merkins out instead.

Latest posts