What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So the point he made his debut at 18 is fairly irrelevant then and little to do with him being a future NRL star.
Who said anything about becoming a star? Becoming a first grader is enough.

And given plenty of first graders didn't debut until 21, it's telling when a player has the talent to debut much younger.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wasn't saying it was, but Pou Bear's second post I responded to, made the first post irrelevant to his original argument.
No it didn't. What was irrelevant was your hypothetical about 18 year old debutants who don't play again for over three years. How many of them are genetic freaks who leave the game to become professional boxers?

ash411

Bench
God Dammit Sterlo.. Can't you leave well enough alone?

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/08/08/...arramatta-eels-long-term-solution-at-halfback

Peter Sterling endorses Mitchell Moses as Parramatta Eels long term solution at halfback

Parramatta legend and Nine commentator Peter Sterling has praised his former club and mid-season signing Mitchell Moses as the Eels march towards finals football and a possible top four spot.

The Eels are currently in fifth position on the NRL ladder following a comprehensive 20-4 defeat of Canterbury in wet conditions at ANZ Stadium.

The Eels have lost just three times since Round 13 and are on a six-match winning streak to be peaking at the right time of year.

The catalyst behind the Eels' surge has been Moses' controversial mid-season shift from the Wests Tigers.

And Sterling couldn’t agree more.

Sterling was critical of Moses earlier in the year over his form at the Wests Tigers and the manner in which he left the club but fast forward to the pointy end of the season and Sterling admits the club is lucky to have a player of his calibre leading them around the park.

“We always knew that Mitchell Moses was good player and I think he’s found the right football team now.”

The Eels have quite an easy run home into the finals with the Broncos the only other side challenging for the finals and Sterling believes Parramatta has the grit to make a real fist of the play-offs.

“When Clint Gutherson was ruled out for the rest of the season, you thought that’s going to have a major impact. Well they’re covered it well.

“The halves are coming along beautifully, Bevan French to fullback is working, the forwards have found their grit something I think they lacked for the first half of this season and there’s a hard edge to them now.”

Gronk

Staff member
As much as King has been going ok, I still reckon BA prefers Pritchard.

Pritchard's aggressive style is how BA wants his side to play.

I bet BA gets a twitch in his underpants when King kicks deep, giving us a 3rd kicking option but.

Glenneel

Bench
God Dammit Sterlo.. Can't you leave well enough alone?
Bloody Sterlo just gave Moses the kiss of death. You can guarantee now that if he parted the Red Sea again it would fall back on him when only halfway across and be drowned.
Ever since he anointed Foran when at Parra he went shit. Maybe he should appoint Cam Smith for something if we pay Storm again!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
And Morts, Kelly and Humble

What he said about Kelly was that if Arthur was going to play him in front of Sandow he should get rid of Chris. Which BA ended up doing.

I think he also said Morts best position was dummy half, which is where he played in the 2013 roosters team.

And as if Sterlo is going to say "they're no good, I hate them" then all of you merkins would jump on here and say "I hate when old players come out and criticise the team".

emjaycee

Coach
And Morts, Kelly and Humble
What he said about Kelly was that if Arthur was going to play him in front of Sandow he should get rid of Chris. Which BA ended up doing.

I think he also said Morts best position was dummy half, which is where he played in the 2013 roosters team.

And as if Sterlo is going to say "they're no good, I hate them" then all of you merkins would jump on here and say "I hate when old players come out and criticise the team".

IIRC Sterling never rated Tom Humble.

At the time Humble was debuting, Sterlo was asked about his feelings on whether having each and every Parra Eels halfback compared to him made him feel privileged or humble and he simply replied "I prefer humble".

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I wasn't saying it was, but Pou Bear's second post I responded to, made the first post irrelevant to his original argument.
You are always trying to trip Pou up (I'd say more than half your posts are an attempt to do so). Yet I've never seen you succeed.

Your persistence despite such a low success rate is admirable.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Re: The destabilising influence of Sterlo' predictions for our halves.

I think we have reached a tipping point. The only way that we can truly rid ourselves of this halves curse is to publicly execute the bald turtle during the opening ceremony for the new Parramatta Stadium.

It's for the greater good.

emjaycee

Coach

I think we have reached a tipping point. The only way that we can truly rid ourselves of this halves curse is to publicly execute the bald turtle during the opening ceremony for the new Parramatta Stadium.

I reckon if Moses does alright for the rest of this year and say, first 10 rounds of 2018, then Sterlo will have been on the money for once.

We can start calling him (Sterlo) "Mr 85%" or is it "Mr 15%"?
I get confused about percentages and accuracy of predictions these days.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Harsh but fair.

Chipmunk

Coach
You are always trying to trip Pou up (I'd say more than half your posts are an attempt to do so). Yet I've never seen you succeed.

Your persistence despite such a low success rate is admirable.

I'm actually just having a bit of fun with Pou Bear. Most times I respond to one of his posts I actually don't really care about the specific topic or have an opinion either way, such as the topic that we were in dialogue about this time.

Johnny88

Juniors
I know we all have our moments here but Phil's site has turned to shit. Is he still there? I can't imagine he still has control of it especially when you see some of the stuff posted there.

#completetrash
I don't think he is to be honest. Its gone down hill that's for sure.