What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Finals Chances.

OldPanther

Coach
Meaningless hypothetical. If that ridiculous forward pass against the Roosters was called we'd be third.

That's pretty insane. Even without that we can still hit top 4 with the right results. Against my better judgement I'm starting to get some confidence in this team.

tripster

Juniors
There's too many woulda, coulda, shoulda's to start analysing where we could be on the ladder.

Opposition teams have had bad calls against us too.

Yes but I guess the simple point is that sometimes it is a game of inches, some of which are out of the players' or coaches control and which can define a season.

Yes but I guess the simple point is that sometimes it is a game of inches, some of which are out of the players' or coaches control and which can define a season.

I hear that, but it also strikes me that it's a common theme for this club.

To me if you're genuinely a quality team it won't matter if the refs make a few mistakes, you'll easily overcome them.

Essentially if you're leaving it so close that refs decisions can define your season you probably weren't good enough to win the premiership in the 1st place.

mxlegend99

Referee
Its crazy to think we can finish top 4 still or miss the finals entirely with only 3 rounds to go.

The bottom teams are so shit that they havent broken the ladder up as much as usual. 3 wins separate the second placed Broncos and 9th placed Dragons. Raiders win today and its 4 wins separating second and 10th.

There are likely to be a few twists and turns the next 3 weeks.

TheFrog

Coach
Unfortunately I expect the Raiders will play like a team with everything to play for and will blow the Warriors off the park (who seem to have given up weeks ago).

If that does happen it will increase my confidence for next week. But more likely, given the Raiders hot and cold nature this year, they'll go over there thinking they only need to turn up and get their pants pulled down.

tripster

Juniors
If that does happen it will increase my confidence for next week. But more likely, given the Raiders hot and cold nature this year, they'll go over there thinking they only need to turn up and get their pants pulled down.

Certainly crossing my fingers that's the case!

Karnivayne

Juniors
Win all 3 games top 4, win vs either raiders or Dragons and beat Manly top 4, win vs Dragons lose to both raiders and Manly top 8, lose all 3 9th.

If Raiders win today, down in Canberra with a finals chance on the line that would be tough but a good test of where we are at leading into finals, Can see us beating Dragons, the Manly game will be 50/50.

Parra have Tits, Broncos and Souths, can see them winning the Titans, Souths games
Dragons have Broncos, us and Dogs, win vs Dogs
Raiders have Warriors, us, Knights and Storm. They will win 3 out of 4 lose to Storm
Roosters have Tigers Sharks and Titans, Win all 3
Sharks have Cowboys, Roosters and Knights, Win 2, lose to Roosters
Cows have Sharks, Tigers and Broncos, Win vs the Tigers
Manly have Tigers, Dogs, Warrior and us, Win 3 lose to us.

1. Storm, 2. Broncos, 3. Roosters, 4. Sharks, 5. Manly, 6. Eels, 7. Panthers, 8. Cowboys

mxlegend99

Referee
Of which games do you speak?
Some people think Hess grounded that ball last night.
Supposedly we had 2 tries against Titans which were wrong.
Against Raiders we had a call go our way just before we scored those 2 late tries (although Raiders scored off a bunch of good calls too).

At the end of the day the people wanting us to lose see those calls differently. I dont think we have anyone wanting us to win. We are fighting with a heap of teams for a spot in the top 8... and if we ever get our shit together we are probably a bigger worry for the likes of Broncos and Roosters than Dragons would be.

Lijewise everyone will want Raiders to lose... they are a bigger threat than us if they make it. I dont see us beating them next week. Not in current form. This is the first side in good form we have played in a while now.

Latest posts