What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member

Johnny88

Juniors
Didn't take long :p
img_0758-jpg.14969

hindy111

Post Whore
Hard to knock BAs recruitment thus far.
Gutho
Brown
Moses
Jenko
Auva'a
Matagi
Hoffman
King
All great acquisitions.
Vave and Prichard maybe average gains but surely arent costing a great deal.
If BA has his eye on a Pom, bring him on I say. They seem to know what they are doing.

Frank be 250k +

Foran,watmough duds. Hoff i dont rate.
Im sure he bought Gower,Taka, Smith, Beau as well who have been very good for the club.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Frank be 250k +

Foran,watmough duds. Hoff i dont rate.
Im sure he bought Gower,Taka, Smith, Beau as well who have been very good for the club.
I think Watmough bought heaps to our club but a 4 year contract was always going to be an issue.
Most clubs would have grabbed Foran given the chance but given BA had history with him, he should have known he was unstable. Id suggest BA learned heaps from that error.
Hoffman has been great imo. Would much prefer him at the back filling in for Bev.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Watmough bought heaps to our club but a 4 year contract was always going to be an issue.
No it wasn't. We knew about the loophole for injury retirement. It was a very low risk signing.
Most clubs would have grabbed Foran given the chance but given BA had history with him, he should have known he was unstable. Id suggest BA learned heaps from that error.
Hasler has known Foran even longer. You reckon he doesn't know what he's getting?

Gazzamatta

Coach
No it wasn't. We knew about the loophole for injury retirement. It was a very low risk signing.

Hasler has known Foran even longer. You reckon he doesn't know what he's getting?
And did we know Watmoughs payout wouldnt be added to our cap?
Re Foran. Des was pretty desperate mate. Id suggest if he survives he will also learn a huge lesson. Foran is done mate. Wouldnt touch him with a barge pole.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Anasta said sticky should replace him. As someone who couldn't care less about origin, I agree.
Not much to choose from.
Daley was gash. Tiny Toad was worse. Get Gus involved and have him groom the right coach and set up the right systems. Get rid of rubbish like Parish etc. Also Sterlo offered little it appears.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Not much to choose from.
Daley was gash. Tiny Toad was worse. Get Gus involved and have him groom the right coach and set up the right systems. Get rid of rubbish like Parish etc. Also Sterlo offered little it appears.

As I said, I don't care about origin. It's just a glorified NRL game to me. Who the NSW coach doesn't bother me as long as it isn't Brad Arthur.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And did we know Watmoughs payout wouldnt be added to our cap?
Yes. That's the one thing we did know. We didn't know whether insurance would cover it but we had plenty of cash. The salary cap was the merkin we were trying to get around, not saving money. We knew if he retired injured his payout wouldn't count.
Re Foran. Des was pretty desperate mate. Id suggest if he survives he will also learn a huge lesson. Foran is done mate. Wouldnt touch him with a barge pole.
I think Foran will play good footy again. A mental breakdown doesn't have to be permanent. Especially when you've got plenty of support and cash.