What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
There's nothing recent from semi in that article other than mannah saying he'll come back one day

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not much to choose from.
Daley was gash. Tiny Toad was worse. Get Gus involved and have him groom the right coach and set up the right systems. Get rid of rubbish like Parish etc. Also Sterlo offered little it appears.
I think the main problem is that our spine players just aren't as good as theirs. And being a rep team it can't be fixed by recruitment. The 'squad' is settled - every merkin eligible for NSW has been available for years and there is nobody better than the blokes who have already 'failed'. They're all outclassed.

Frank be 250k +

Foran,watmough duds. Hoff i dont rate.
Im sure he bought Gower,Taka, Smith, Beau as well who have been very good for the club.

Why do you reckon Frank is on 250k plus? Who were we competing with for his signature when he came back? If he's on more than 250k it wouldn't be by much. But I'd put him closer to 200k on base salary, with match payments / bonuses on top.

hindy111

Post Whore
As I said, I don't care about origin. It's just a glorified NRL game to me. Who the NSW coach doesn't bother me as long as it isn't Brad Arthur.

Agree. Its not like the old origin games.
Clubs should be able to sue nrl if lose a player they are paying to pkay for them, especially if injured and miss game time due to it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes. That's the one thing we did know. We didn't know whether insurance would cover it but we had plenty of cash. The salary cap was the merkin we were trying to get around, not saving money. We knew if he retired injured his payout wouldn't count.

I think Foran will play good footy again. A mental breakdown doesn't have to be permanent. Especially when you've got plenty of support and cash.

He played good footy this year. He will be in prime for a half the next 3 yrs...Moses is a better player i reckon.

Forans also only a few injuries juries away from being a damaged player

hindy111

Post Whore
Why do you reckon Frank is on 250k plus? Who were we competing with for his signature when he came back? If he's on more than 250k it wouldn't be by much. But I'd put him closer to 200k on base salary, with match payments / bonuses on top.

He played good footy the year he left dogs. He would of went to UK for a nice quid and he killed it there. He signed a 1yr deal which costs more.
We had room under cap. Im sure Frank still had 12mths contract in UK .