What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moylan.

pinkmoon

Juniors
I don't think you need to ask that question...it's pretty obvious that Saints cannot afford him. After signing Hunt, the club had to let Packer and Dugan walk, almost lost Widdop and now it looks like Graham is coming, there is no way in the world they could squeeze Moylan in.

I also doubt he wants to be coached by McShit given he doesn't like Griffin.

pinkmoon

Juniors
Give him Dugans money of $750K and the No.1 jersey...we have yet to spend Dugans money....
It's not like for like mate. Ben Hunt isn't on Josh McCrone's salary. You think adding Hunt on over a mil, re-signing Widdop and bringing Graham over, leaves a spare 750k for Moylan? What drugs are you on?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
On the off chance Moylan even leaves Penrith, the only possible destinations for him would be the Tigers or the Warriors. Can't see any other club clearing the cap space for him or finding him a 5/8 position.

With Dufty coming through and Widdop/Hunt locking down the halves, there's no room for him at the Dragons.

giboz71

First Grade
If we were fair dinkum about winning a comp, I'd swap Widdop for Moylan. Thinking back to last year's finals, Moylan consistently put the game in his hands which is what you need from an elite half.

Widdop is a decent enough player, but rarely takes ownership when the game is on the line. It's why we lost yesterday. An elite half and captain would have guided us home with the lead with 15 to go. And it was his missed tackle on Hopoate that let Tolman score.

It's a shame we resigned him, as Moylan would have been an ideal partner for Hunt.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Cant see us getting Moylan for whatever reason......the way I see it at the moment we have 2 starters in the backline for next year Widdop and Hunt the rest is a wait and see.....Dufty and Mann need a lot of work but are capable under the right coach........as for the rest McDonald, Nightie,Lafai and Aitken personally I would be looking elsewhere...just my opinion

giboz71

First Grade
as for the rest McDonald, Nightie,Lafai and Aitken personally I would be looking elsewhere...just my opinion

Yep. Our outside backs are a massive weakness.

We are outgunned most weeks, and even a shit slow team like the Dogs exposed our lack of speed on the edges.

Will Hopoate busting through our left edge and finding Aiden Tolman in support.

FMD.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Moylan is contracted at the Panthers till 2020 so if they foot half the bill he may be cheaper than you think.Seeing they look to be keen to getting rid of him they may do take on at least half his wage.

Would take Moylan over Widdop any day of the year but too late now as Widdop re-signed. Damn it, I knew there would be some good bargains coming through at the end of the year.

Reddragon

Bench
Yep. Our outside backs are a massive weakness.

We are outgunned most weeks, and even a shit slow team like the Dogs exposed our lack of speed on the edges.

Will Hopoate busting through our left edge and finding Aiden Tolman in support.

FMD.
Agree. Our centres and wingers are very, very average.
Poor coaching & game plans are the biggest issues though

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Moylan is contracted at the Panthers till 2020 so if they foot half the bill he may be cheaper than you think.Seeing they look to be keen to getting rid of him they may do take on at least half his wage.

Would take Moylan over Widdop any day of the year but too late now as Widdop re-signed. Damn it, I knew there would be some good bargains coming through at the end of the year.
Im prepared to wait and see with Widdop I know its another halve pairing with Hunt but they have both signed longer contracts so should be a combination for many years...unlike what he has had to put up with Marshall, McCrone and recently for a short time Mann and with the xtra kicking options with Hunt I think it will benefit Gareths game.....also I think with Grahams influence on the field as far as leadership drive is concerned will help Widdops captaincy.....hes not perfect I know but we have far greater concerns than him to rectify at the moment

Life's Good

Coach
Good player and all but it's a no from me. All these band aid signings only deflect from the real issue at hand which is our coach.
This year we had a squad that had us well in the 8 for most of the season and who should be playing next week but are not.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Good player and all but it's a no from me. All these band aid signings only deflect from the real issue at hand which is our coach.
This year we had a squad that had us well in the 8 for most of the season and who should be playing next week but are not.

This. Widdop is one of the best 5/8ths in the game when he's playing with confidence. I genuinely think that he was the best form player in the competition before he got injured.

possm

Coach
It's not like for like mate. Ben Hunt isn't on Josh McCrone's salary. You think adding Hunt on over a mil, re-signing Widdop and bringing Graham over, leaves a spare 750k for Moylan? What drugs are you on?

Millward said that Hunt's salary was much less than 1m. Remember we let Marshall go with no replacement. So McCrone at say 350k and Marshall at say 550k = 900k which would very close to the money paid for Hunt. So that is the Hunt story put to rest.

The cap went up by more than 2m.

Graham's dollars close to Packers pay so there's another one put to rest.

Moylan's money close to Dugan's money so there is another put to rest.

EXTRAS for first grade upgrades and junior's upgrades need to be less than 2m and you have balanced salary cap.

Now if we used TPA for Graham, Hunt and say Roan, we might still be able to buy Rona and stay under the cap.

1. Moylan - Dufty back to reserve grade backup fullback.
2. Mann - Nightingale to right wing.
3. Rona - Lomax as backup
4. Lafai - Herbert as backup
5. Nightingale - Lomax as backup
6. Widdop - Field as backup
7. Hunt - Hutch as backup
8. Graham - Lawrie as backup
9. McInnes - Robson as backup
10. Vaughan - Kerr as backup
11. Thompson - Host as backup
12 Frizell - Sims as backup
13. De Belin - Sele as backup

14. Ah Mau
15. Lawrie/Kerr
16. Sims/Host/Sele
17. Robson/Field

watatank

Coach
If we could somehow ship Widdop off over to England then I'd probably take Moylan. But I would surely have to say the only club that would be in a position to seriously pursue this is the Wests Tigers. I suppose England would be another option but not likely.

FlameThrower

Bench
Correct me if I'm wrong but if Moylan wants out of his contract and Panthers let him go then Panthers won't pay 1 cent ?? It's the Brett Morris scenario...
BTW - if we needed a ball playing & experienced FB who is fast and not afraid to take the line on, he would be my pick ...considering there are no other options unless RTS wants out of the Warriors too??

Latest posts