What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Semi Final, Sat - Eels 16-24 Cowboys @ ANZ

Finals Week 2: Eels v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

natheel

Coach
Everyone expecting an easy eels win should look to 2005 preliminary final where an underdog cowboys beat us 29-0. That is in the back of my mind and why I'm not comfortable.

In saying that Sharks didn't exactly challenge the Cowboys defence and if we play like we did v Storm we definitely will challenge them.

Cows fight for 80 so we need to be with them

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think if we can score early and get them on the back foot we could put them away... but I totally expect them to do what they have been doing the last 6 weeks and graft and grind, come up with a couple of tries and keep the pressure on us the entire game.

The Sharks always looked in control but just couldn't put them away and that's what worries me it could be a similar scenario. You have to beat the Cowboys they won't beat themselves and Parra are more than capable of beating ourselves, I've seen it a million times!

Incorrect

Coach
I'd like to think that BA has instilled a new found steely grit and a determination not to let complacency set in around the Eels... But then I think back to the dross we dished up against the Knights not all that long ago.... Taking nothing away from the Knights, they executed a great plan and exposed some weaknesses around the ruck, but that sort of insipid display has me more than a little worried for this week.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Based on the last 6 or weeks of footy, during which the Eels have beaten the Broncos twice, challenged the Storm, but also got flogged by the Knights and almost lost to the Rabbits reserves; if I were an Eels fan I'd have been more confident facing the Sharks.

The Eels seem to thrive on the underdog tag and flying under the radar.

But whenever they've been talked up they seem to crumble. They have an element of the Roosters dumbness about them. Not on our level of course - no one can be as mongoloid as us during games - but it is on display at times.

So if the Cowboys stick close then there's definitely the potential for the Eels arses to drop out. It might even happen right from kick off.

Tooooks

Bench
Based on the last 6 or weeks of footy, during which the Eels have beaten the Broncos twice, challenged the Storm, but also got flogged by the Knights and almost lost to the Rabbits reserves; if I were an Eels fan I'd have been more confident facing the Sharks.

The Eels seem to thrive on the underdog tag and flying under the radar.

But whenever they've been talked up they seem to crumble. They have an element of the Roosters dumbness about them. Not on our level of course - no one can be as mongoloid as us during games - but it is on display at times.

So if the Cowboys stick close then there's definitely the potential for the Eels arses to drop out. It might even happen right from kick off.

It's a fair point. We tend to play badly when we're heavy favourites. With the Eels lack of final series experience and the tough brand of footy the Cowboys play, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they got up. If NQ do get up I reckon it will be by 12+. Should be a good game.

Life's Good

Coach
Can't help but admire the fight in the Cows. They just don't know how to give up. I expect Parra to win but they aren't the finished product so they will get home by 12-14 with a few scares along the way.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Whoever wins this game will have overachieved by making a preliminary final, considering their season circumstances (Cowboys) or pre season expectations (Eels). I hope whoever wins beat the filthy Chooks though the following week.

I guess we overachieved this year

How'd your team go again bro ?

They finished 5th you got in by default and scraped into 8th.

Then you got all the 50/50 calls when you played us (and there was a Shyte load of them) and you progressed one more week.

What I hope is for at least one of your players to get a horrendous injury this week as karma for the bullshyte we've had to put up with from merkins like you.

beave

Coach
I guess we overachieved this year

How'd your team go again bro ?
They finished 5th you got in by default and scraped into 8th.

Then you got all the 50/50 calls when you played us (and there was a Shyte load of them) and you progressed one more week.

What I hope is for at least one of your players to get a horrendous injury this week as karma for the bullshyte we've had to put up with from merkins like you.

hsfvreGMFVVcnYB3HZpRgR_O_GyHXd_PXD7qxfJEIWtYLBtINu_QY_fZueaKkP4Z1sTgcCadV8faLrfXv0ekeg3OgbQPKCdVCMBySeY=w484-h259-nc

Latest posts