What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Digital Pass

Last Week

Bench
Good they are finally taking it in house, telstras survice is shit.

I hope they buy enough surver space to keep it all runnin and i hope they promote the hell out of this (free suscription with club memberhip, free match of the week)

Given how badly the PayTV era went for RL, we might finally be on the right side of the the next revolution. RL might finally hve its golden goose

I have the feeling that the NRL are going to raise the price of the app.

I get it for free being with Telstra. Will that still apply?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I have the feeling that the NRL are going to raise the price of the app.

I get it for free being with Telstra. Will that still apply?

I reckon they will want better market penetration before they start upping the price, and i doubt you Telstra deal will apply if 2018 is actually the first year the NRL is going in house...

Front-Rower

First Grade
Good they are finally taking it in house, telstras survice is shit.

How do you come to that conclusion from the snippet?

The NRL app is made by Telstra and it’s more than likely that Foxtel is the “streaming” partner to PC and Laptop via Foxtel Now and Go.

steeden.

Juniors
How do you come to that conclusion from the snippet?

The NRL app is made by Telstra and it’s more than likely that Foxtel is the “streaming” partner to PC and Laptop via Foxtel Now and Go.

The presser from the Nine Network Upfronts talks about:

For the first time in 2018, fans will have more options to watch their teams do battle, as viewers get the choice to stream games LIVE and FREE or on demand on 9Now, in addition to short-form clips across Nine’s digital and social media platforms.

And

The home of rugby league will expand to new heights in 2018 and reach more Australians than ever when Nine claims full digital rights on the NRL. That means live streaming, catch-up, and short-form clips and highlights, coming straight from the broadcast to the digital environment via 9Now, Wide World of Sports.com.au and all of our social media platforms, live and free.

LESStar58

Referee
I actually demanded a refund and got it as it never worked.
My laptop and other devices met the requirements but it just didn't work, i wasn't the only one having this issue.
They was a lot of emails going back and forth but i eventually got my money back.
for what it's worth, based on my experience with the digital pass i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

You can watch on a laptop?