What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

ouryear

Juniors
Cronk is a better 7 than every player besides JT. That's not a slight on Hunt either, I'm stoked to have him

I would love both though

I know Cooper Cronk has never heard of St George Illawarra, he can't come to a place he has never heard of!

When told "but you play that team, you must have heard of them", Cronks reply was....."that was no game, that was a training run"

So no, he won't be coming.

ouryear

Juniors
Hunt hasn’t yet laced up a boot for us and people want to fantasise about Hunt to hooker with Cronk (who we WILL NOT be signing) to trump him for HB.
That will do me.

Yep, unbelievable, I agree with you.

By the way, when Cronk plays without Cam Smith, storm win only 44% of their games.

Abysmal!! That's Mary like numbers.

Hunt wins a LOT more playing without Smith every week across many years.

Get Hunt on ASAP I say!

Brutalitops

Juniors
Yep, unbelievable, I agree with you.

By the way, when Cronk plays without Cam Smith, storm win only 44% of their games.

Abysmal!! That's Mary like numbers.

Hunt wins a LOT more playing without Smith every week across many years.

Get Hunt on ASAP I say!
You're gonna bring out statistics again after statistics showed Bellamy is objectively the best coach of all time?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I know Cooper Cronk has never heard of St George Illawarra, he can't come to a place he has never heard of!

When told "but you play that team, you must have heard of them", Cronks reply was....."that was no game, that was a training run"

So no, he won't be coming.
What aload of rubbish seriously your imagination is over the top .Cronks future wife is a big fan .I'm not saying he's coming but I'm sure he knows who we are.

ouryear

Juniors
You're gonna bring out statistics again after statistics showed Bellamy is objectively the best coach of all time?
But he isn't, statistics said Norm Provan, Churchill and Jack Gibson are way way in front.

Perceive it how you prefer to, but to leaugies, a one club coach can't even be considered.

It's like saying Alan Jones is the greatest union coach of all time because he had great success with ONLY the Wallabies.

Bellamys record of 13 finals losses from 15 campaigns is worse than average.

But each to their own mate.

Brutalitops

Juniors
But he isn't, statistics said Norm Provan, Churchill and Jack Gibson are way way in front.
Very glad you said this as I suspected you would. Each of those three have coached well under half the games Bellamy has, who is now around the 400 mark. There reached a point where raw win percentage must be factored in with the number of sample data

If a coach coaches 10 games and wins 7, this does not make him a better coach than Bellamy despite a 70% win rate. Bellamy is in the high 60s even with over 400 games to his name

As for being "way, way in front" well that's just untrue. Provans is 0.4% ahead despite a few hundred less games to his name. Bellamy would likely overtake that record within a year, if not certainly before the end of his career.

ouryear

Juniors
Very glad you said this as I suspected you would. Each of those three have coached well under half the games Bellamy has, who is now around the 400 mark. There reached a point where raw win percentage must be factored in with the number of sample data

If a coach coaches 10 games and wins 7, this does not make him a better coach than Bellamy despite a 70% win rate. Bellamy is in the high 60s even with over 400 games to his name

As for being "way, way in front" well that's just untrue. Provans is 0.4% ahead despite a few hundred less games to his name. Bellamy would likely overtake that record within a year, if not certainly before the end of his career.
The fact remains Bellamy is a cheat.
Nothing he has done can be acknowledged. Exactly like lance Armstrong, cheats.

Coached one team his entire career.
They cheated.

Got it? They cheated.

JDHD

Juniors

Exactly. Any coach in the modern game who can have near as makes no different a 70% win rate is undeniable. They cheated like nothing else but since 2010 they've been buying nobodies and turning them into the best team in the competition because they work harder than anyone else and they have a no-holds-barred honesty session after every single game, plus a million other reasons.

ouryear

Juniors
You really should reconsider your decision to try to use maths to prove your point.

Maths is clearly not your strong suit.
Not clear enough for you?
Dead set storm trolls on this site while your own site has sadly almost no one ever on it.

JDHD

Juniors

Perceive it how you prefer to, but to leaugies, a one club coach can't even be considered.

It's like saying Alan Jones is the greatest union coach of all time because he had great success with ONLY the Wallabies.

Bellamys record of 13 finals losses from 15 campaigns is worse than average.

But each to their own mate.

I'd argue that the fifteen campaigns with seven grand finals (yes, including the four they cheated) is the real stat to be observed. I mean, Bennett has proven he can win competitions with the Australian team or at least a team full of international quality players. Bellamy did it with Tim Glasby.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I'd argue that the fifteen campaigns with seven grand finals (yes, including the four they cheated) is the real stat to be observed. I mean, Bennett has proven he can win competitions with the Australian team or at least a team full of international quality players. Bellamy did it with Tim Glasby.
Let's hope MARY becomes a clone of BELLAMY and we cheat our way to a few grand final wins.

SBD82

Coach
Not clear enough for you?
Dead set storm trolls on this site while your own site has sadly almost no one ever on it.
Easy tiger.

Just pointing out your poor maths. Let me make it simple for you.

1/8 teams win the final series, therefore this is the average.

2/15 > 1/8