What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hunt is playing in a system that offers nothing and a team with no confidence in what they are doing. Add to that the fact that we have zero pace out wide, utterly zero. Teams can defend tight in the middle knowing we have no threat outside, if we can actually get the ball to our outside backs, then so what? They aren't quick enough to take advantage and defences can cover.

Playing against a defensive line that plays that tight in the middle and backs that are total sh*tbags is a terrible combination for a halfback. You want him to run, run where? I don't blame him for being low on confidence when the club has given him nothing to play with.
Yeah I tend to agree....We have the worse centre pairing in the NRL....Flo unfortunately played a season to long McDonald turns up when he wants to and shows little urgency contesting the cross field kick ,Duftys gone backwards and Mann whilst he tries hard has been totally stuffed up my McGrexit with all the fill in positions he's had to play and the pairing with Hunt is struggling....on top of that whenever Hunt puts up a midfield bomb or a bomb in general on most occassions our team of plodders are nowhere within a bulls roar of the ball

Ribs

Bench
Except for Widdop your talking about the same backs that had us scoring more tries in the first 10-12 weeks of the comp they weren’t being told they were told they had no pace out wide then so what’s changed .....that’s easy it always seems after origin they seem to decide they’ve done enough plus the fact and I don’t know if this McGregor or the players but they’ve gone back to just playing one out football and in today’s game u play like that your going to lose

What’s changed is that opposition coaches worked out the 2 plays we were using.

Yeah I tend to agree....We have the worse centre pairing in the NRL....Flo unfortunately played a season to long McDonald turns up when he wants to and shows little urgency contesting the cross field kick ,Duftys gone backwards and Mann whilst he tries hard has been totally stuffed up my McGrexit with all the fill in positions he's had to play and the pairing with Hunt is struggling....on top of that whenever Hunt puts up a midfield bomb or a bomb in general on most occassions our team of plodders are nowhere within a bulls roar of the ball
Now I’m no fan of Lafai and Aitken lately.
But still you gotta ask why our game plans don’t play to thier strengths?
Lafais footwork and Aitken strength.
When was the last time you saw either of them stand deep and run onto the ball, it’s all getting the ball flat footed and do your best.

Once again with McGregor, if it hasn’t been fixed it’s because it’s his game plan.

What’s changed is that opposition coaches worked out the 2 plays we were using.
Running one out is not a play as no other team runs one out like we do and it’s only been since origin that we started running one out when we were leading the comp we were throwing the ball about and playing like a team

The club has the players they say they want cool can live with that and as for the backline isn’t it except for Widdop the same backline that was scoring at will for the 1st 16 weeks and only losing 2 games till then .......UNT doesn’t seem interested in playing for us he’s done sewer jack shit since coming back from origin ......then again none of our forwards who played origin have done anything useful .....and Widdop since coming back from test in USA and dying his hair hasn’t done much ....the only thing I can agree with is we need speed out wide .....also don’t hold your breath to get rid of Mary the fairy he’s Illawarra hero and now that win owns the Illawarra side ov the venture there not going to be in a hurry to get rid of the golden boy

TruSaint

Referee
I’d be surprised if anyone thought Hunt would bring that aspect, 3 years as the broncos #7 he never showed that he had that in his game. Strong defender and good runner of the ball though.

THats the issue @Maroon4life, ...

His defence has fallen off big time, and in the past 2 games he has run the ball i believe once.

Massive fail.. Yes we have coaching deficiencies and our forwards look busted, but Ben hasnt seemed interested at all.

When he did run the ball, and challenge the defence in rounds 1 though say 10, he looked good. He is nowhere to be sen now.

THats the issue @Maroon4life, ...

His defence has fallen off big time, and in the past 2 games he has run the ball i believe once.

Massive fail.. Yes we have coaching deficiencies and our forwards look busted, but Ben hasnt seemed interested at all.

When he did run the ball, and challenge the defence in rounds 1 though say 10, he looked good. He is nowhere to be sen now.
Exactly my point and this has been since origin ....and I do have a theory on that what was to stop the maroons players especially the ons from the cowboys camp to get in his ear ...u have to remember he can play half or 5/8 and who from the cowboys is now retired leaving a spot open for another play maker ...it could explain why he doesn’t seem to give a F*** since then

St Georgio

Juniors
Benny is very funny, he is natually gifted , only gifted meek konti charrold,on triple peepee, gordosky love walties, lovy handlee pain donkrey despiradoo, go desisee suxler, go thee gruddlers shiers

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Now I’m no fan of Lafai and Aitken lately.
But still you gotta ask why our game plans don’t play to thier strengths?
Lafais footwork and Aitken strength.
When was the last time you saw either of them stand deep and run onto the ball, it’s all getting the ball flat footed and do your best.

Once again with McGregor, if it hasn’t been fixed it’s because it’s his game plan.
Mate most of our team stand flatfooted...sorry barring Frizz...Melb as much as I dislike them hit the advantage line at pace...as you say McGrexit never capitalises on our players strengths.....someone posted somewhere that Good coaches end up making Origin players out of reserve graders our bloke ends up makes Origin players reserve graders

FlameThrower

Bench
Frankly I can see Hunt walking out or requesting release. Whatever happens vs Knights may be his last tipping point - the guy looks cooked and does not want to be in the team IMO. For his own health and well-being I hope he can have a great game and score a try..

Latest posts