What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taumalolo opts to play for Tonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil

Juniors
I'd rather give you a tiger uppercut with an unnecessary flip on the way down before landing ya twat.

Samoa and Tonga are basically NZ B and NZ C with a couple of big names thrown in. Unfortunately it won't be enough for them, because we hammered Samoa and we are going to annihilate Tonga.

Cook Islands is NZ D I guess.

lol, NZ B and NZ C? you really talk gibber don't you, numnuts? And kiwis call ockers arrogant..

Clarkent

Juniors
I'd rather give you a tiger uppercut with an unnecessary flip on the way down before landing ya twat.

Samoa and Tonga are basically NZ B and NZ C with a couple of big names thrown in. Unfortunately it won't be enough for them, because we hammered Samoa and we are going to annihilate Tonga.

Cook Islands is NZ D I guess.
Yeah you're right but let's be honest without Australia, NZ wouldn't be that good at league... Most of there players get developed in Aussie but you don't see the Aussie bragging about it lol

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
mate, loving your casual racism!! LoL!
Not racism it's the truth. Did you watch the same game that I did ?. I actually want them to do well, I just think this Tongan team is over hyped, they don't have the professionalism yet. AF isn't a good influence on these guys.

SBD82

Coach
Not racism it's the truth. Did you watch the same game that I did ?. I actually want them to do well, I just think this Tongan team is over hyped, they don't have the professionalism yet. AF isn't a good influence on these guys.
I'd agree that fifita wasn't good for them. But I disagree that it's because he's playing "island ball".

Watching that game I thought he was trying to be a western Sydney tough guy. He's a big, skilled player. If he put all of his effort into playing footy and had some respect for the Tongan nation that he is representing, I think he would have been great for them. Could definitely benefit from watching the way taumololo went about his business.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
I'd agree that fifita wasn't good for them. But I disagree that it's because he's playing "island ball".

Watching that game I thought he was trying to be a western Sydney tough guy. He's a big, skilled player. If he put all of his effort into playing footy and had some respect for the Tongan nation that he is representing, I think he would have been great for them. Could definitely benefit from watching the way taumololo went about his business.
AF can't control his emotions, it cost Tonga on the weekend. Taumololo is a true professsional

Yeah an Australian born Maori. Do you think anyone with English blood should play for England? Or does this only count for Maoris? I assume with a name like Goodwin he would be eligible to play for England under your rules.

Comparing hundreds of years of generational separation to being separated by 1 generation is a bit of a stretch geezer.

Yes, I do feel indigenous NZers should play for NZ. Australia (and England for that matter) already have enough advantages over us as it is. So why can't we at the very least get all Maori players?

Hugh McGahan was 100% correct. What's James Tamou doing now? Unfortunately Origin has made it an uneven playing field for us. It's exacerbated even more when all our depth players turn out for other nations....including ENGLAND.

Yeah you're right but let's be honest without Australia, NZ wouldn't be that good at league... Most of there players get developed in Aussie but you don't see the Aussie bragging about it lol

Yeah I am right, but let's be honest NZ unfortunately doesn't have the resources in the great sport of RL cos all the government funding is pumped into Union. So since we don't have a professional comp in NZ, and the Warriors can't keep all kiwi juniors coming through, a lot of players have to ply their trade in Australia. But if we somehow merged both sports together, we'd slaughter Aus on a consistent basis. We produce better oval ball athletes across the 2 codes.

Force

Juniors
Thats called scouting....

Pommy

Coach
Comparing hundreds of years of generational separation to being separated by 1 generation is a bit of a stretch geezer.

Yes, I do feel indigenous NZers should play for NZ. Australia (and England for that matter) already have enough advantages over us as it is. So why can't we at the very least get all Maori players?

Hugh McGahan was 100% correct. What's James Tamou doing now? Unfortunately Origin has made it an uneven playing field for us. It's exacerbated even more when all our depth players turn out for other nations....including ENGLAND.

Hundreds of years? I’m sure there’s plenty of players in the NRL who’s parents were ten pound poms and are less Australian than Bryson or his old man.
Also what advantages do England and Australia have over NZ?
I personally wouldn’t have picked Rangi for England he was a professional athlete when he moved. Not the same as Maoris who move as children or are born abroad.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors

Auckland RL was on the news last month saying the lost 600 players to Australian clubs this year and the Auckland competition cant sustain losses of that number.

Basil

Juniors
hmmm ... seems to be a lot of censorship going on in here.

anywayz I'm still waiting for that list of players lured away from the kiwis because of origin, I was looking forward to critiquing it.

C'mon anyone brave enough to give it a go, or was it a fraudulent claim to begin with?

ozenzud

Juniors
hmmm ... seems to be a lot of censorship going on in here.

anywayz I'm still waiting for that list of players lured away from the kiwis because of origin, I was looking forward to critiquing it.

C'mon anyone brave enough to give it a go, or was it a fraudulent claim to begin with?

Well players that could have played for NZ and went with Oz for SOO

Brad Thorn, Karmichael Hunt, James Tamou, Josh Papalii. Thats 2 seconds of thought.

To be fair, few went the other way, Foran, Cayless Brothers, Fien, Nightingale.

Basil

Juniors
Well players that could have played for NZ and went with Oz for SOO

Brad Thorn, Karmichael Hunt, James Tamou, Josh Papalii. Thats 2 seconds of thought.

To be fair, few went the other way, Foran, Cayless Brothers, Fien, Nightingale.

and to be more accurate none of those players actually moved to Oz for the express purpose of playing league, but

here's my list of players that coulda played origin but for the lure of the kiwis!
webb
fein
covell Lol
cayless
lomu
swann
prtitchard
beale
hoffmann
nightingale
goodwin

Status