What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

AJB1102

First Grade
He's hands down been the most targeted player in the RLWC so far (and not handled it well). Lets see how he's traveling injury wise by the end of this tournament before we hand the Chooks the premiership.

He'll have no Smith or Slater to pick up the slack at Bondi, he'll be on his own when things get difficult. Doubt he'll be taking as many touch finders after penalties at Roosters either.

He's hands down been the most targeted player in the RLWC so far (and not handled it well). Lets see how he's traveling injury wise by the end of this tournament before we hand the Chooks the premiership.

He'll have no Smith or Slater to pick up the slack at Bondi, he'll be on his own when things get difficult. Doubt he'll be taking as many touch finders after penalties at Roosters either.
Well he'll be without the games greatest ref

simmo05

Bench
There will be plenty of noses out of joint within the club with how peirce is going to be treated. The Tigers moved on a few club favorites to sign the teddy blair, and are only now moving on from that.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Well ...if they don’t win they’ll look pretty f**king stupid.
I’m looking forward to hanging shit on the Roosters should they fail.
...and I know some of you are looking forward to me hanging shit on the Roosters should they fail.
I know I am.

The roosters will run 4th proving once and for all Robbo is a great coach under so much adversity.

They will then sign Crichton and the Turbo brothers for a 2019 tilt claiming moving on Nikorima freed up the requiree cap funds. That will get them to 3rd in 2019.

Delboy

First Grade
The only fantasists in this, remains the NRL not considering the salary sombrero that the Roosters enjoy. Any other Sydney club that signed the 2 most expensive off season players, granted losing a couple of players on smaller deals and resigning rep players, would at least be queried . Where are the whistle blowers when you need them :grinning::grinning:

Expecting Greenberg to question a club run the way they are, is wishing for the impossible, nothing to see here - move along

AJB1102

First Grade
The Roosters now have the 2018 Grand Final wrapped up. Boring season ahead.

The only question that remains is who are the fantasists who think they can stop the Roosters?

My hope/prediction is they stop themselves.

Pearce gets the strops and digs his heels in, in some silly attempt to make the #7 his. Winds up with him and/or Keary playing an underwhelming role off the bench.

Maybe Friend's minutes get limited and it all opens up in the middle defense when he's wasting time on a treadmill.

Lots of other clubs are in all their ears so they're not 100% focused on footy on top of already not liking this reduced roles at "their" club. Unrest spreads throughout the locker room. Latrell goes fishing because its all too much.

Cronk is a weird f**k and expects Melbourne Storm like precision but doesn't get it and it all falls in a shitty heap.

Fingers crossed, anyway.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The only fantasists in this, remains the NRL not considering the salary sombrero that the Roosters enjoy. Any other Sydney club that signed the 2 most expensive off season players, granted losing a couple of players on smaller deals and resigning rep players, would at least be queried . Where are the whistle blowers when you need them :grinning::grinning:

Expecting Greenberg to question a club run the way they are, is wishing for the impossible, nothing to see here - move along
Correctamundo and just imagine if they only get rid of Nikorima and it's allowed!!!

Cronk shouldn't imo have been announced until the deck is cleared:

Look at it currently:

Tedesco (1million)
Mitchell (wants an upgrade will not come cheap)
Fergo (origin player not cheap)
Tupou (not cheap either)
Keary(probably on 600k but wants an upgrade)
Pearce (850k)
Cronk (1million)
Napa (700k)
Friend (not cheap that's for sure)
JWH (international player not cheap)
Cordner (would have to been on similar to Sam Burgess so 800k)

Then there is Aubusson and Gordon plus a few others that would be on more than the minimum wage..........

wittyfan

Referee
The salary cap finally died today.

Never been a fan of Pearce but quite disgusting how he has been treated.

adamkungl

Immortal
You forgot to switch accounts adam.

That's great. Hahaha. Old mate forgot to change accounts. Well played Adam.

Please I have better things to do during the World Cup than hang around with the dregs in the nrl forum talking contract signings, there's literally nothing more boring in Rugby League than player transfers.

I'm only here coz @Apey said there was some good Albert banter

Dave_

Juniors
My hope/prediction is they stop themselves.

Pearce gets the strops and digs his heels in, in some silly attempt to make the #7 his. Winds up with him and/or Keary playing an underwhelming role off the bench.

Maybe Friend's minutes get limited and it all opens up in the middle defense when he's wasting time on a treadmill.

Lots of other clubs are in all their ears so they're not 100% focused on footy on top of already not liking this reduced roles at "their" club. Unrest spreads throughout the locker room. Latrell goes fishing because its all too much.

Cronk is a weird f**k and expects Melbourne Storm like precision but doesn't get it and it all falls in a shitty heap.

Fingers crossed, anyway.

Funny thing is, a lot of these things are a good chance of happening.

People on here are living in a dream world if they think that the most powerful team ever assembled in the NRL is not going to win the competition.

James Tedesco, Latrell Mitchell, Luke Keary, Cooper Cronk.... ..the multiple prongs of attack are just mind boggling.

Latest posts