What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

Clifferd

Coach
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Your forward pack is average at best. Your backs suck and your bench is weak.

You’ve got Cronk, Keary, Latrell (honestly in 2 years he has done nothing for all the hype he gets) and Tedesco. Well the Storm still have Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cameron Munster, Suliasi Vunivalu, Josh Addo-Carr, Curtis Scott, Will Chambers, Jesse Bromwich, Felise Kaufusi, Dale Finucane, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, then throw in the likes of Brodie Croft, Sam Kasiano, Ryan Hoffman, Tim (undefeated in Origin) Glasby, Kenny Bromwich, Pat Kaufusi. The Storm have a much stronger side then the Roosters.

Then the Cowboys, they will be getting Johnathan Thurston and Matt Scott back and adding Jordan McLean to the team that ran through the Roosters this year.

I think Roosters are rorting as much as the next guy but they are hardly “average” their whole team is basically littered with rep players and with players virtually on the fringe of rep duties. Players like Tupou, Keary, Friend and Mitchell for example wouldn’t look out of place in the origin arena for sure

Some things haven't changed since 1908. If your forwards don't win the battle in the middle, your halves will struggle to make an impact on a game. Easts will probs be April premiers, might even win the May premiership, but I don't rate their current pack in pressure situations.

Addendum: Salary sombrero.

If the Roosters sign the gun French prop Julien Bousquet then they win every forward battle.